unfortunate souls

i was just leaving the village, i was only around 200 feet away when a ton of soldiers came riding on their horses. there were four of them, i looked back behind me to see the woods i came from on fire. i suppose from being in xadia alot, I was immuned from the smell smoke.

oh lord.. i thought, thanking domina profundis that i got out before that fire was started.

i moved out of the horses way but one knight pulled back on his lead, stopping his horse right in front of me.

im not sure what he was about to tell me, he looked away from me to the village where the dragon from before seemed to be headed.

he said a word i cant put here, turning back to me. "you come help us and we will take you to where ever it is ur headed." he put his hand out for me.

i didnt think about it, i just grabbed his hand. he swung me onto the horse, causing my hood to fly off. thankfully no one was looking at me so i had time to hide my horns.

i held down my cloak as we rode towards the village, we took 2 of the horses, getting the three village kids up on a horse along with a 19 year old and 22 year old. we fit every parent onto the other horse. Ofc we couldn't fit all 20 people on two horses, we didnt know what to do sense the other two horses and their riders were off dealing with both the fire and dragon.

"we will just run!" a huge man shouted, grabbing his great aunts shoulder.

"youll get tired.." i sighed, looking around as i thought of a minute. "take the cows, we need to save them anyway!" i said in a rush, shrugging a little, i went over to a small pen with 5 cows, 5 cows for 9 people..

i grabbed a few leads off a little bench inside the barn in hoarded the hay they ate. i went right back out once i had it in hand, tying it around their necks in a way that wont choke them

i turned to see everyone staring at me like im mad. "well? get on! and hurry you ding bats." i tied the leads to saddles of the horses.

the same guy from before grabbed my hand and helped me onto the horse he was on, the one with the youngest the villagers

"these poor horses.." the teen girl cooed, rubbing the horses side. "dont worry, ill make sure they take care of them when this is over" the solider replied in a sympathetic voice.

while he was smiling back at her i was watching the dragon burning down the far end of their small village. "oh shanazienets.. can we go now!?" i whimpered a little, nudging the knight in the head.

he looked in front of us and groaned. he squeezed his legs against the horses the sides, pulling his reins to the side, making her turn. the other soldier and his horse were already running off with the parents, the cows that were attached to his saddle running after them. it looked a bit funny as the cows were trying to deny the running, but it worked.

----------------------------------------------------------------

after some time we had made it back to the castle which they came from, the other 2 who had stopped the fire were probably on their way now.

"so where were you headed little neolandian?" the solider asked, helping everyone off the horses and cows.

i looked at him, my eye brows pulled down and my head titled. "neolandian?" he turned towards me, his face dropped. "so sorry for assuming- its just you you look like thats where you'd be from!"

i stared at him for a second, not saying a word. my expression was blank but my eye brow were slightly raised. "im not, im from evenere." it wasnt a total lie as thats where my mom was from.

he gave me a slow awkward nod.

"i was actually headed here. see the queen, aanya?" i looked around the markets that lined the grounds of the castle.

i could really go for something sweet right now.. i thought, eyeing a bake goods stand. or some lemonade.. i looked over at cold drinks stand.

"well its a good thing i found you, ey?"

i looked back to him, totally forgetting we were ever talking. "yea, yea. so can i see her?"

"well she is taking complaints today. youll have to wait in line." He handed me my bag that was attached to the horse he was unsaddling.

i never had to wait in line at xadia

i took my bag with a thank you.

"while my partner is giving her the details from before, why dont we get you changed and fed a proper meal?"

"i think those villagers we just saved or important, they just lost their homes." i pointed over to the group of people, some were crying and some were holding those who cried.

he looked over at them and while he was i snuck off to the castle, the line was short but the longer i stood in line the longer it got, after what felt like an eternity i made my way to queen aanya, the first kid ruler. she was 15 now and damn she was grown.

"whoa, you grew up from when we met! you were like.. 9." my hands were over my smile. I was trying to be embarrass myself by being a bit too happy.

"i know you?" she questioned leaning forwards to see me, though from the angle she sat she couldn't see my face through my hood.

"oh yea." i lifted my hood up enough for her to see me, anyone behind me couldnt, thankfully.

"octavia?" she looked as if she wanted to scream but played it cool, staying calm. aww, she used to be so silly, now shes just... queeny? Is that a adjective?

"octavia!!" i said with a wide smile.

"how are ur moms?" she asked, standing up to walk down from her throne to me. "as sweet as usual, they had another kid."

"really? where are they? id love to see them?" she asked, looking out through her throne room door to outside, trying to see if she saw them.

"thats problem. we live in.. ahem. now" i coughed awkwardly, nudging my head a little. She gave a little nod meaning she knew where I meant exactly. "we were just sleeping, viren and Claudia, and im guessing her boyfriend; terry, came to
Our small lower village, burned down a few tents! And that's not even that bad but they totally kidnapped me and bought me here! I don't know if my family and friends are okay." I finished with a sigh, looking down at my hands.

Aanya held my hands in one of hers, lifting my chin up. "I promise ill get you home." She said in her calm but serious voice. "Though I don't believe this is a complaint so how about I finish this up and we talk later?"

i smiled at her, shes always been so nice and understanding, she was one of the few humans to know im half elf half human. she never did mind, she was just mesmerized.

"in the meantime, go to my room and change. you look a mess." she had her serious tone and face back on, looking me up and down. "you need a shower to." and with that she turned and walked right back to her throne. I moved out of line for the next person. "ill assume its the same room as before!"