attractive soul

Later that day I was still asking so many questions.

"Will I go home still?"
"No. They'll move here."
"Am I allowed to rule? Or just sit there?"
"Youll be my voice of reason. not that ill need that."
"So I don't make orders?"
"Minor ones."
"Will my family know its fake?"
"No."
"Other rulers?"
"No. Just rayla and callum."
"Aren't we young to marry?"
"Not in duren."
"Do we kiss?"
"If needed."
"Cuddles?"
"I'll think about that."

those were only the questions i asked so far, now we were eating lunch with ja-nai, rayla, callum, and the guards who followed aanya around. 

"how do you plan to stop the lava, queen ja-nai?" aanya asked, looking from me -who was stuffing my face with apples in a bowl with duren honey, the best honey in the world.- to janai -who was eating yet another duren grand food, cheese.- 

she waited until she had it all swallowed, taking a moment. 

"my men and women have already put a small wall to stop the flowing just by the ravine. after that they were told to stop the already flowing lava from ur flowers, your people helped them dig a mot for it to go down into it, hardening the lava." it took ja-nai a moment to end, taking deep breaths from her loss of breath while eating cheese. 

"so the problem has ended?" aanya replied right after ja-nai had finished, not eating sense they were talking. 

meanwhile janai had made the wrong choice to eat more cheese. "yes well, almost. they have to remove the hardened lava now. might ruin the ground.." 

"a small price to pay to have the rest of our grounds." aanya said, now starting to eat. 

no one spoke after aanya, everyone ate until i turned to aanya. "what if you start liking me and i dont like you back?" 

everyone turned their attention to us, aanya looking at me with her usual face, eye brows raised, eyes lazy. 

"i doubt that, it'd be the other way around." she dropped her eyebrows, eating a few green grapes. 

"so you'd never like me?" i got close up to her face, looking from her eyes to her lips and back. 

"mm, test me." we kept eye contact for a minute, aanyas eyes alone were testing me. i could feel everyone's eyes on us, and the emotion behind them rayla hadnt a care, callum was rooting for us, anger from the guards, disgust from ja-nai. i sat down, we were both laughing. 

ja-nai was looking at us like we were insane, like we were too young to kiss. rayla was eating her food, callum was looking at just aanya, never me and the guards acted as if they were going to hurt me. 

"oh another question! whos kissing who at the wedding?" 

"youll kiss me." aanya said shortly, clearly she already thought of that. 

"no one is kissing anyone." ja-nai said in a tone that clearly insisted shed have no talk back. in lux aurea kids cant make up as many choices as in duren, they have to be over 20 of age. ja-nai thought the 15+ of duren was strange, especially being she loved aayna too much to let her marry just yet. everything in duren honored kids, and their minds. kids were almost equal to their parents after 10. kids learned faster, and were given jobs, young kids weren't given a doll, instead given the supplies to make a doll. 

"so, if you can get married at 15, when can you start a family?" rayla asked, shoving down a pancake. 

"18+" aanya did a little shrug. "its not illegal to start one younger, just frowned upon." i added after her. 

rayla gave one nod, unable to speak through the giant bite of pancake that was stuffed in her mouth. 

"attractive." i giggled at rayla who was staring at me with pancake that couldn't fit hanging out her mouth. 

"im more attractive." aanya muttered, stuffing her face for the first time, even after claiming she was done when she pushed her plate away, she earned a laugh from me and callum.