engaged souls

i was sleeping peacefully, dreaming about me aanya and my moms all just sitting around and talking about aanyas late moms. it was a good dream too. all the wonderful stories my moms had told us from before. my favourite was when was aanya was born, i was a year old and i kept trying to feed aanya her bottle instead of her moms. ofc that one is hardy about her moms, i just love my babyself. 

aanya was laying beside me in bed, i was rolling around in my sleep when i bumped into her. i opened my eyes, half awake, wanting to see if i woke her. expect it wasnt her. the hair was short and brown, almost making me fall. i leaned over to see callum? callum cuddling with rayla in aanyas bed. i stood up and saw aanya at the bottom of her own bed, sleeping in a ball. 

i went over to her quietly, sitting her up and shaking her violently. she picked her head up, hardly even awake. she leaned herself onto me, wrapping her arms around me. "aanya? wake up." i picked her up all the way and moved her from the bed to the chair in the corner where i spent a lot time reading. 

she picked her head up, opening her eyes half way. "mmm?.." she mumbled, looking at me in the dark room. 

"why are rayla and the human callum here?" 

she stared at me for a moment, yawning and pushing her hair from her face. "um.." she looked down and then back to me, too tired to answer. "umm.." she repeated. "they came with ja-nai.." 

that just gave me more questions. in the time i didnt answer she fell back to sleep in the arm. i giggled at her and picked her up, i went over to her bed and pushed rayla and callum out with one arm, holding her with the other. i laid her down in bed and tucked her in, kissing her forehead. "how sweet.." 

rayla was the first to stand up off the floor, helping callum up who was rubbing his back. "what was that for?" raylas scottish accent sound thinner than ever, my guess was she was picking up callum an ezrans accents. hearing her talk reminded me that i could go back to my accent instead of forcing a different one, so i did. 

"you guys stole the queens bed." 

"the bed she told us to sleep in you mean?' rayla replied quickly, sitting down with callum. -who fall back to sleep on spot-

"yea." i said shortly, laying beside aanya, my head on her chest. "so why are you guys here anyway?" 

"we needed the queen, shes helped us before. she can again."

"What do u need help with?" I looked at her, my head still laid on aanyas sleeping chest, rising each time she would breath.

"Her army, even after the war she has the biggest army... ever. And the strongest. She's managed to rebuild it all in 2 years." She laid back down in callums sleeping arms, covering them both up with the same blanket as me and aanya.

"Another war?" I picked my head up, looking at her, arms rested against aanyas stomach.

"Maybe. This time in xadia, a elven and human riot started, wants to get rid of all the rulers."
"even aanya?"
"even aanya."

I nodded slowly at her, laying my head back down.  "Aanyas army is ur best bet." I smiled to myself, thinking of how great a leader aanya can be, better than people 3 times her age.

"Are you two a thing?" I could tell in her voice she was falling back to sleep.

"Mm mm." I shook my head, she asked no other questions and just fell asleep in callums arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning aanya woke first, then rayla, and lastly me and callum. When I woke up aanya was talking with rayla across the room. they were both serious, but rayla seemed to be making jokes that aanya didnt laugh at. the room was huge and i was tired, i had no clue what they were talking about. 

i watched them talk, my eyes on aanya while falling back to sleep. i drifted off and started to dream, it was a nasty dream that aanya  hated me. thankfully though i didnt get into the dream much at all bcuz aanya woke me up. 

"youre queen with me." aanya was so casual when she woke me up to that, pulling me up str8 by the arm. 

what. 

"if im with someone whos half elf half human the riot will circle me, losing interest in the others, then we can take care of them." she was sat in front of me now, smiling at me as if she was so smart for coming up with this plan. 

"yeaa.. um. love you aan, but im not a queen. nor am i dating you?" i had very awkward expression and tone. 

"ooo! you are doing your french-african accent!" she was so excited about it until she realized she wasnt being very serious. "anyway." she tone dropped back to serious. "youre dating me now, and then we will marry. ofc not really but we will have a wedding to convince everyone." 

i just stared at her, still half asleep. me and aanya never liked each other, yea we act like we do, but we are now rushing into a wedding? 

"you have to take me on a date first." that was all i had to say, just staring blankly. 

"okay thats when i propose." she crooked her head, smiling at me. 

"i wanna propose! im older!" 

"im queen." 

callum who was still sitting in bed beside me spoke. "no fighting with that."