|Chapter 8|

|Chapter 8|Wings

|Chapter 8|
Wings

Company was something April was not expecting especially at 10 at night, so when she heard pounding at the door this time she was very confused

Company was something April was not expecting especially at 10 at night, so when she heard pounding at the door this time she was very confused. April didn't know if she even had the energy to get up from her spot on the couch, so she just let the keep knocking. She wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone right now. However, she didn't have a choice as Lando Norris opened her front door with his hands full of brownie mix and McDonald's with a concerned expression. April immediately sat up with a confused expression as the two just stared at each other.

"You always leave a key under your doormat, now get up we can't break tradition!" Lando says to the woman walking over to her after putting his stuff down on the counter. "Lando I appreciate this but I am tired." April lied as she landed back down on the couch sulking. "Nope I'm not accepting this, I know you're not tired and don't tell me you're fine. I will drag you to the kitchen if I have to" "Well I'm not moving Lando and I am fine." They both were too stubborn for their own good and both knew the truth that April was not ok. "Fine have it your way." "Wait what?" Lando marched over to April and grabbed her legs as she tried to kick out of his hold but it was no use. He had dragged her by her legs on the floor to her kitchen. Once they reached the kitchen he dropped her legs back on the ground and put his hand out to help her up. "Fine" April agreed taking the boy's hand to get off her floor.

The two ate the burgers in silence on the bar stools in April's kitchen until April broke the silence "Are you here because you saw the post?" April asked quietly already knowing his answer but just wanting confirmation. Lando looks over to the girl with a short reply "Yes I know how you can get." "Lando you don't have to worry about me I'm fine." "No, you're not I know you April, even if we want to pretend I don't I do. Now do not listen to those stupid comments half of them probably haven't even seen you golf before, but I have. You have played this sport your entire life and you truly have a talent. You can't let your anxiety and those people win April. You have worked your ass off to get where you are and you deserve it." April couldn't help the tears that swelled up in her eyes hearing Lando's words. Before she knew what she was doing she hugged the boy tight. Lando was caught off guard by her actions but immediately hugged her back. He missed this feeling of having April in his arms, oh how everything felt just right in this moment having his girl back in his arms, but it was cut off too soon. April pulled back and looked at the boy "Do you really mean that?" Lando looked at April as if she was the most beautiful thing in the world and to him, she was "Of course Reyes, now let's go make some brownies."