|Chapter 10|

|Chapter 10|Money money money

|Chapter 10|
Money money money

It was the second day of the match and April was in second place right behind Rory Mcilrory by one stroke

It was the second day of the match and April was in second place right behind Rory Mcilrory by one stroke. She was ecstatic with this result for her first match in the new league but she wasn't satisfied, she wanted to beat him. The two golfers kept matching each other results on each hole, when one would get a birdie the other would do the same. Rory didn't want to admit it but he was feeling the pressure he couldn't slip up during the back nine today. He wouldn't let a girl beat him in his league. The crowd was eager to watch the two play as they were going back and forth wondering if April would be able to beat him.

On the first hole of the day, Rory wasn't able to clear the water hazard causing him to add a stroke to his score. This allowed April to tie up the score if she was able to clear the water and putt it in two. April knew she needed to clear this hazard if she wanted any chance of beating him in this tournament. Giving a quick wave to the crowd as they announced it was her time to tee off, the girl grabbed her driver from Zach who gave her a little pat on the back. All the drivers knew what this hole meant for April it was her chance to even the score. Lando felt like he couldn't breathe as she was setting up her ball on the tee especially since he had Daniel and Charles on either side of him holding on to his arms waiting for the girl to hit the ball. Carlos also had his hands covering his face in anticipation, they were all a wreck.April finally cutting through the silence of the crowd smashed the golf ball soaring through the air clearing the water. Fist bumping the air she gave herself the chance she needed, all she needed to do was play her short game. The crowd erupted in golf claps amazed by the girl's shot.

The girl was able to even the score, Rory was furious about his slip-up. The two pro golfers continued to go back and forth with each other just waiting for the other to allow them to pass them on the leaderboard. It ended up coming down to the last hole. Everyone was on the edge of their seat as tensions were high. Both Rory and April had landed on the green after their first initial hit off the tee, it was now down to their short game. Rory was up first to try to putt his ball in two, everyone was silent you could hear a pin drop as he swung his putter. Thousands of eyes trailed the ball as it rolled near the hole right about to go in but it started to slow down right before the hole. Everyone couldn't believe their eyes Rory had missed his putt, all April needed to do was put her ball in the hole and she won.

April stepped onto the green hands shaking trying to not let anything distract her from the task at hand. So many eyes were on her waiting for her next move, closing her eyes she thought back to Landos words the other night. If he believed in her that's all that mattered, opening her eyes she hit the ball, she felt like she had to look away it was all too much. However, as she was about to close her eyes she saw her ball roll into the hole.

The crowd erupted in cheers as they announced April Reyes had won. She was waving at the crowd giving a short thanks as she looked over to Rory and winked at the furious golfer, he stormed off. Lando couldn't believe his ears, he grabbed all the boys as they jumped up in down celebrating their friend's win. The boys were so happy for April, epically one driver in particular as he was watching his girl accomplish her lifelong goals one at a time.

After receiving her trophy and doing a couple of quick interviews she looked for her drivers in the crowd. All of a sudden April felt arms wrap around her waist lifting her up, she turned to look over her shoulder to see it was none other than Daniel. She laughed at the boy who spun her around in celebration, he put her down but she was soon smushed into a hug from Carlos and Charles. The boys would not stop showering her with congratulations and compliments. After breaking away from them she looked over to see Lando waiting with a soft smile on his face just admiring how the girl he still loved got along with his friends. April reached out for the boy embracing him into a hug they both had been waiting for. "I am so proud of you Reyes," Lando said into her hair just taking in this moment he had with April.

Though it was short-lived as Zach ruined it by calling out April's name, she ran over to him to hug him. Lando could not believe his eyes who the fuck was this guy and who did he think he was, taking April away from him. Daniel could see the rage radiating off him as he would not stop staring at the pair congratulating each other. April broke out of the hug with Zach to lead him over to the boys. "Boys this is Zach my Caddy, and Zach these are my friends Charles, Daniel, Carlos, and.." Lando quickly cut the girl off reaching his hand out to shake Zach's "And I'm Lando her ex-boyfriend." Lando looked him up and down as they shook each other's hands, Zach had a smug smile on his face looking him in the face. April did not know what was happening between the boys or why Lando cut her off, but she could sense the tension between the two.

"Well I think April and I should get going because we are going to have a long night in front of us," Zach said staring Lando down and trying to emit a reaction from him, which he did Lando tensed his jaw looking at him. "Oh yeah, we are going out to celebrate the win! You guys should come!" Zach was not happy with the reply but tried not to show her. "We would love to!" Lando said with a smug smile. "Perfect ill text you, bye guys!" The boys all said bye as they watched the pair walk away. "That guy is a fucking dick," Daniel said breaking the silence between the drivers as they were shocked by Zach's attitude. It was going to be a long night for sure Lando though.

AHHH 500 reads! Thank you guys so much and here's a hint of jealous Lando more is to come!