Chapter 9 - I Mean It

"Well. See you at school," I squeaked and turned around with stiff limbs.

I tried to take a step away from Robin, anything to put distance between us as I tried to breakthrough the awkward atmosphere that was building up.

I got about half a step when ever so gently, Robin tugged on my sleeve and I found myself stopping.

"Aren't you curious why I turned up?" He asked, his lips in a soft smile.

"No," I said, but of course I was. Especially after he made it clear tutoring was for Wednesday. Especially after he sent that message.

"Come on... you really don't wanna know?"

"Humour me," I said, giving in.

His eyes flickered but the rest of his face turned serious. He seemed to be examining my face, like, really looking into it as if seeing me for the first time.

"Because I thought if the Alyssa Mcurth, could give up her precious time to take two girls to a park, then that would make me look awful," he said and that Cheshire Cat grin curled along his lips.

"Typical," I huffed and got ready to walk away, as if I was going to stick around and let him taunt me any longer.

"Okay. Okay. I'll give you the real reason."

"No thank you."

"I thought maybe you'd admit to it, but... you're not," he said, moving swiftly to block my path, "you being outside my house last night?"

I feel the skin along my back shiver and the blood leave my limbs and travel to my cheeks, violently warming them up. No way he'd know the real reason. Right?

My reaction must've been obvious because he had a satisfied look on his face. Those big, brown eyes gazing into mine, locking my jaw in place.

"You were there to convince me to come today."

"Oh?" I responded in shock and then slowly nodded, "oh. Right. You got me."

His fingers were intertwined with each other as he picked at his cuticles. It was the first time I had ever seen him awkward. Possibly embarrassed. I felt the corner of my mouth twitch. I had never seen Robin embarrassed.

"I know you didn't knock, but the gesture was enough. I know how much you strongly dislike me, so the fact you were wiling to put aside your pride for Mila and Nikki... it was- it was a little nice of you," he rolled his eyes at the last part as if he was being forced to say it.

"Thanks for, um, saying that," I said, his awkwardness being passed onto me, "so, doesn't this mean you'll delete the photo?"

For a moment we were both silent and then he chuckled and pulled out his phone, "what, you mean this photo?"

He shoved the phone at my face and I tried grabbing at it but he held it up above his head, and despite being almost his height I still struggled to grab at it.

"I'll never delete it, Mcurth," he laughed and examined it, "god, you look like a deer in headlights."

"Come on! We should move past this," I argued.

"I'm gonna tell everyone how obsessed you are with me."

"I'm most definitely not obsessed with you."

He raised his eyebrows and pointed his phone at me, the flash turning on and off. I grabbed at his phone but he already anticipated the move and yanked it away.

"That's the look of admiration and obsession. Yep. Mhmm. Alyssa Mcurth is crazy for Robin," he winked at me.

"Who's more obsessed? Me or the guy taking photos of me and refusing to delete them," I asked.