22 • A Heart

Parents Home

Parents Home

So, it's time to be a big girl and face my parents. I may die doing so but they deserve to know I married Nila almost two months ago.

"Are you ready?" Nila said knocking.

"No."

"Who in the hell is it?" My mother June opened the door butt naked holding a spoonful of peanut butter and a slice of watermelon in the other.

"We ain't buying shit." She slammed the door in our faces.

Mom still doesn't like Nila. My mom.Jess opened the door.

"Your mother is in a mood, hi baby." She gave me a hug and kissed Nila cheek.

"How are you Jess?" Nila asked.

"I am doing alright. Come in I just finished cooking nice fried chicken."

I smiled and just looked at Nila.

Mom had been staring at Nila the entire time. Nila is scared of her so she doesn't even look at her.

"What have you guys visiting us?" Mom asked as we was finishing up dinner.

"Well we have something to tell you," Nila said.

"How did you get here?"

"June, she knows she can't fly. Right?"

"Yes, we didn't fly. It took us two days to drive." I smiled.

"Yeah, okay."

"So, what did you have to tell us?"

"Well...Jordy my love?" I looked at my mom, June.

"Nila asked me to marry her and I said yes. Then no..."

"Good."

"Juneau?"

"I mean, okay."

"Then I said yes and then we got married at the courthouse before lockdown."

My mother June sat her fork down.

"Juneau?"

"I'm sorry we didn't...I didn't tell you. Nila told me to but I was scared because I just wanted to marry her and didn't want a big wedding like people have."