-FIFTEEN. The Refreshing Battle of Karuizawa!

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

『The Refreshing Battle of Karuizawa!』

❝Thank you... Thank you for getting me this far.❞

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

AS HE HEARD THE SOUND OF GLASS SHATTERING, Shinjiro worriedly entered the house, seeing as the door was unlocked, "Ummm..." He peeked inside.

Ugetsu quickly spun around to face him with wide eyes. He paused for a second and then let out a small sigh, "Ah... Jeez, you scared me."

     "I'm sorry." Shinjiro said, "Your door was unlocked, and I heard a loud noise."

    "I thought Satori came home..." Ugetsu muttered.

Shinjiro was surprised by what he said, "Eh? Hino-san's not here?"

    "Did you come here to see Satori?" The violin player sent him a look.

    "I-I came to see you, Ugetsu-san!"

Ugetsu, who had gone back to looking at his violin, turned to him again in surprise, "Me?!"

A few minutes later, both of them were sitting on the floor of Ugetsu's place. The older male had offered Shinjiro a cup of coffee, but he had declined his offer and opted just for a glass of water.

    "Over and over, I've thought about what I'd do if Satori never came back." Ugetsu said, letting out a bitter-sweet smile as he looked up at the ceiling, "No matter how many times I thought about it, I couldn't imagine it clearly."

Shinjiro listened intently.

    "I think he'd suddenly come home tomorrow... or maybe not," Ugetsu continued, "But at the same time, I want this pain to end just as much..." He sipped on his own cup of coffee, "But I don't want all the things filling this room to disappear, either."

The salmon haired boy worriedly looked at him. Ugetsu... While he wasn't someone he was particularly close with, he had helped him find out more about himself while learning music. He was someone Shinjiro cared about, and he was someone who desperately needed help.

    "Maybe something will remain." Ugetsu sighed, a smile on his face, "Even if we can never be the same again... Even if we go somewhere far away... I hope at least the music will remain."

════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════

Shinjiro couldn't help but feel awkward as he leaned his head against the car's window. They had been in the road for about 2 hours and a half now, and the last time they talked was at the start of the ride, when Akira had tried making conversation.