Wayne Cox

It was 7 am and a Saturday morning. I put on my tank tops, running shorts and my tennis shoes. I took out my kit and ran down to my kitchen. Though we were indeed rich, my dad never believed in house-help. I put in a couple of sports drinks and wrapped myself a sandwich. Weekends meant no parents at home. They go to the city two days a week to my dad's ancestral home and participate in events. Not always charity.

***

I kicked out my bicycle, seeing it only once a week, only for my tennis practices. I took it from the shed behind my house and pushed it along till my front porch.

I locked the front door as I took out my phone to call the girls when I had a new message.

Girl, we are already at practice. Riley is with us and just so you know, so is Mr. Bitch.

- abbyluvsu

Okay, no prob. I'll be there in five.

- reginarulz4eva

I looked at my phone again. Mr. Bitch. Why did she have to remind me of that. Not, that I had ever forgotten him to have to remember him again. I took in a deep breath and told myself I didn't care. Who was I kidding? For one thing, he had won over my heart and for the other, every time I walk into my room, his open windows shut - close, within a moment's notice.

I parked my cycle under a tree and ran across to the court.

***

"Swing your right arm from the back and till you reach your left shoulder. Then do it again, till I ask you to stop." Mr. James, my coach taught a beginner.

"Good morning, Regina." He smiled as he saw me pass.

"Good morning James." I returned. I could see Wayne, Riley and the girls on court no.6. I walked towards them not looking up to them. He was changing into his shoes and when I passed him he didn't care to look up.

***

"Morning, Reggie." Riley said.

"Morning." I said back. I was glad, he hadn't mentioned the embarrassing incident between us.

After some warm up and running, I took out my racquet.

"Heard you are the coach's favorite, huh?" Riley raised his eyebrows.

"Win him a dozen of championships and you'll be his next in line." I said trying not to be too cocky.

"Bet you are good at it. Your physique tells me about it." He went across the court. Kiara doesn't play. She went to the side and held a little girl's arm and taught her the basic strokes. Abby took sides with Riley. Wayne looked up at me, finally tying his shoes. I didn't want to look bothered. I started rallying with Riley. After a short discreet look, Wayne came next to me and started playing with Abby.

***

"Woah. Nice shot." Abby said as Wayne hit a winner.

"Thanks, Abby!" He returned.

We hadn't talked a word. I couldn't keep it to myself anymore.

"I don't judge people on what others have to say." I said blocking his shot.

"I don't care." He pushed me back with his racquet.

"What do you mean?" I stormed in front of him, pushing his racquet away from me.

"You don't speak English?"" he smirked.

The crease his lips had, made me skip a beat.

"Loser." I said as I tuned away.

"You betcha, bitch." He said again. This time, only louder.

"What's your problem, mister? Huh?" I put my hands on my hips and raised a brow.

"Don't be so bossy." He replied.

"When have we even talked?" As he raised to serve again.

"I would like it better if we don't." A tear rolled down my cheek once he said that.

***

Why heart? Why him? I asked myself as I rode back to my home. I had left the place as soon as I could. Every one around me so wanted to live my life and all I wanted to was be in his.

Regina Phalange, I said to myself. You have a perfect life and a guy next door ain't gonna do anything about it.

I washed and changed into a grey pullover and a white skirt. I called the girls to know if we were still on the shopping plan.

***

"Reggie, were you crying when you left?" Abby called me on my phone.

"No. Can we not speak about it?" I was low but once I make up my mind, I am strong.

"Kay, babe. See you in 10 minutes." Kiara said. The phone was on speaker.

"Sure muffins. In 10."

I put down my phone and looked into my mirror.

I was what everyone called gorgeous. I had rosey puckered lips, golden locks ans Amber eyes. I was frail and had the right curves.

I brushed my hair and messed it enough. I applied a light hue of gloss and smacked mt lips. I wasn't sure of opening my window drapes, so I left it there. I got my purse and locked the front door. I put on my stilettos and walked along to Abby's.

As I walked, I resolved stronger. I will always be pursued, never a pursuer.

Regina makes up that life is all about living her own fairytale like she always has. She never bosses around. But she might as well, live her life the way she wants.

Thanks, muffins! xoxo