The Drive...

"The beach? Summer's gone already." Abby turned back from the passenger seat to look at Wayne.

We were in Riley's car going to Martin's for dinner as it was a Friday night and Wayne had suggested to hit the beach this weekend.

"So what? We all had our share of tans this year anyway." He grinned at Abby and for a second I wanted to punch him in the face. Just like 2 hours ago I had told them I didn't get to tan because Aunt Jeremiah had wanted me to come over for the vacation.

"So by this beach idea for the whole weekend, I suppose we will be living under sand castles." Kiara puckered up to Wayne.

"No genius, My uncle owns a beach house, not so luxury-filled like your place, but you will have a roof to stay under." Wayne sheeshed

"Alright Wayne, but me and Abby get to have a separate room." He winked at Wayne through the rear view mirror.

"No fair, you guys always have a separate room." I said, looking out the window.

"Who do you want to share your room with, Regina?" Riley asked with the sly-est smile ever possible. I wished I hadn't been so obvious about my stupid crush.

"Kiara, of course. But if you are bringing Cesar with you, I might as well have him for my sleeping partner." Cesar was Riley's German Shepard. He understood me better than Mr. Bitch.

"Hmph." Kiara giggled as she rolled her eyes to Wayne. He slumped back in his seat and shook his head as he closed his eyes for the rest of the trip.

***

"Ummm. How come we never come here?" Riley wiped the BBQ sauce dripping out of his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Because, it's bloody expensive?" Wayne asked with a grudge on his face, even as he took another mouthful of the steamed ham, because I suggested the place. Me and Abby had decided to share a chicken-breast while Kiara had her favorite dim-sums.

"So all set on packing your stuff, tonight?" Wayne asked.

"Um-hmm. But, driving at night?" Kiara put another dim-sum into her mouth.

"We will take turns. It'll be fun." Wayne suggested.

"Okie. No problem then." Kiara stood up to bring us water, "Me and Regina will meet you guy's at Riley's in an hour." She told to Abby.

"Sure, Good night girls." Abby said and turned to talk to the boys.

***

"Woah. It's been more than hour." Abby looked at her watch. She was at the wheel since we started the drive. She put the brakes and got down.

"That's ****. It's just been half an hour." I got down to switch. It was Abby, me, Riley, Kiara and finally Wayne in order.

"People, people, people. Wake-up!" I yelled as I turned up the volume on the radio.

"Regina, I let you guys sleep, didn't I?" Abby asked as she adjusted herself on Riley's shoulder. Kiara was on the front with me.

"I can fee-eel your heart-beat, you said to me." I sang along with the booming radio ignoring her.

"What the ****, *****. Put it down, Reg. Please." Riley got up half awake.

I lowered the volume to a level I was sure they could still be annoyed at and drove along for the next one hour.

***

It was past midnight and it was Wayne's turn now. I was in the passenger seat next to him and there had already been 10 solemn minutes of dead silence. The radio was turned off by Riley as soon as he sat for his turn. Everybody had fell asleep, arm in arm.

"So, you are forever in a wrath me, huh?" I asked with a face like I didn't care though.

"Yes, Regina. I am." He gripped his hands tighter on the wheel and didn't look away from the road.

"I don't understand, Wayne. What did I even do to you?" I asked this time looking at him.

"Regina, I have goals and plans, like real people do. Not wishes and hopes. I made promises and resolutions to myself and I am not breaking that on anybody, no even if am hopelessly...****!" He shuddered looking away from the road and stopped the car by the pavement.

"What are you talking about? I don't understand." I said completely confused.

"Look, don't talk to me okay? I am strong and I do what I want. I don't need a girl, to prove am a bad-*** or a hottie or a cool kid." He looked me in the eye when he said that.

"What about the brooch you got her, then?" I asked. I didn't care about any stupid secret anymore.

"Got who?" He asked like he didn't understand.

"I saw you, Wayne. I saw you getting some one a present and I saw you hide it in your shirt pocket after." I said confidently.

"Yes, I did get her a brooch but I never gave it to her. I ..." He continued.

"That's not the point. Who? Who did you get that for?"

"That's none of your business, Regina. I don't know what you think of me. But, I don't swoon over girls, not Emma, not Kiara, not anybody."

"Oh! So it's Emma?"

"Regina, Phalange. Enough. Yes, I do like some one but I don't see any reason for me to answer every single, ***** question of yours. And it's not Emma. It doesn't matter, okay. I don't want a girl, I would feel less of myself. Seriously, trust me, you of all wouldn't want to know." He said and started the engine again.

'That's just great. Feel less of himself? Was he in the sixteenth century. Oh ****, I had been feeling the same way for almost 17 years now. What was I, 'Annette Hargrove'? No, no. I was Wayne, that is until I had met him. And then Topsy-curvy, everything had changed for me. Maybe, once he met that lucky bitch of his, his feeling would have changed too. But he doesn't want to feel less of himself. Fair play. But why wouldn't I of all wouldn't wanna know? It's not like his lucky bitch is...'

"Haah!" I gasped as I put my hands on my cheek as I realized what everything he did meant so far.

Yay! From now starts the skirmishes and battles, the denials and acceptances between the two love-birds, each with their already huge ego growing bigger every minute! Stay tuned!!

ps. I can be a very bad girl if I want, but fill the stars with your favorite bad words ;)

ps. again! For those who don't know Annette Hargrove, she's a no sex until after marriage character of the film, cruel intentions.

Xs and Os =)