Sea shells

For the rest of the drive, I kept to myself. So did he. Life was full of doubts for both of us. He looked tense all the way and I could get from his look that he knew I knew.

I was his bitch, I was Mr. Bitch's bitch.

Everything seemed to make sense now. Why he would be angry with me, the first time he saw me.

Because I made him want to break his rules.

I made him go back on his plans, his promises.

I made him feel less of himself.

I made him fall for me.

'Uh! Why does everything have to be so complicated? Why not be the two people who just fall in love and make up to each other? Why me? Why Wayne? I fell for a guy, out of billions of men, the guy who has serious relationship problems, the guy who wants no one to get in his way, the guy who hates falling in love.'

***

"It's beautiful, I have been to so many beaches, really. But this is just... beautiful." Abby exclaimed as she slid her hands through the fine white sand and let them fall.

"I still can't believe your uncle owns this beach. I have never had a private beach day." Kiara removed her clothes and ran into the waters with a red bikini on.

I sighed and put up my hair into a bun and adjusted myself on the folding chair. Some tanning was better than none. Wayne's uncle owned a private beach that ran for a two hundred feet along the sea. Not that it was a big deal , my dad owned five in different states but none this near to the town.

The boys got into their boxers and were modeling to each other for photo shoots. Probably for Facebook uploads. Wayne had already been into the waters for a dip and he was soaking wet. Water ran through his bare chest, his six pack chest. His eyes shone harder in the sun and he was tugging and laughing with Riley the whole time. Not that Riley was any lesser but he wasn't Wayne, more ethically, he was my best friend's boy friend. I sighed again and took out a copy of Betty and Veronica's and flipped through it, snorting in between at the caricatures.

'If that guy isn't going to give the slightest try to make up his mind to respect his feelings, at least if not mine, then right, am not giving him the slightest idea either. Who was I kidding? At least I am going to try not giving him any idea and wait for him to make the first move. Enough Wayne already.'

I took out my yellow sundress, let my hair loose and removed my flip flops and ran across to the flowing warm waters ahead wearing my green bikini. I jumped onto Kiara and we splashed water on each other before plunging deeper into the waters for a peaceful, calm swim.

***

"I didn't know you can cook this well, Hercules." Abby rubbed Riley's biceps as he continued to flip the sausages on the BBQ. We were lying on the sand outside the beach house as Riley and Abby continued to fill our plates.

"Don't try to smooch me over, Cookie." He grinned and held out his hand to grab my plate.

"What's with all the cute nick-names, lover people." I smiled and put back a pillow behind me.

Abby hit me on the head and grabbed Riley for another smooch.

"Baby, at this rate, I don't think we will get to stay with the guys for the sunset."

"Sunsets everyday, Riley. Do you want to go in or not?" She held his hands up to her cheeks and frowned.

"Anything you say, baby." They went into the house and after a solid ten minutes I spoke to break the silence.

"Feels so nice to be surrounded by just water and the sand. I feel like I belong here." I slept back on the pillow.

"Kiara, I am speaking to you." I shook her and noticed she had fallen asleep since ages. I felt like I had been talking alone since Mr. Bitch would never want to be in a conversation with me.

"I think I seem to know where I belong." Wayne looked at me and I was glad he decided to open his mouth after another five minutes.

I turned towards him and sat up cross-legged. "Where?"

"That, I wouldn't want to accept. You see, now that you have found out a few things doesn't mean I have to oblige." He smirked and crossed his hands. This time he wasn't angry, like he always was. He was just sarcastic and trying to act hard to get.

"I wouldn't accept, either." I bit my lips forcing a chuckle.

"I could wait. However long it takes for you to do it." He raised his eye brows and shrugged as he looked out to the sea.

"Huh, that I would love to see, Mr. Bitch." I stood up and patted the sand of me.

"You are still going to keep calling me that, are you?" He fake-pouted.

"You chose to begin it." I patted him on his head with another fake pout. His hair felt so soft and I wanted to keep playing with it. I took off my hand and headed to the sea for another dip.

"I am not sorry I did." He called out trying to be all bitchy again. I didn't look back immediately, but when I did I saw him close his eyes and smile to himself as he shook his head.

'Why can't he just tell me he likes me and then hear the same from me?' I sighed. 'I am sighing so much lately, precisely, that guy's making me sigh so much lately.' I sighed again. 'I can wait. I kind of like this. I like waiting when I know I have a chance to get what I want. I like how things are now but I definitely want more. When he can wait, I can wait.' and I sighed again.

Yoyo Bae, at times you simply make my day! Thank you for your constant support =)