Shopping...

I turned and tossed on my bed as the alarm kept ringing loud.

"Heck." I wiped my wet mouth as I had an embarrassing habit of drooling in my sleep. I turned on my left and I realized I had a hangover from yesterday. My head banged. I threw my pillow away and sat up. Abby and Kiara slept tightly, arms over each other like the alarm had never gone off. I remembered it was a wild girl's night out after our grades were announced for this semester.

It had been a month since I had found out about Wayne and I had tried everything since then, to get over him. I woke up and went down to the kitchen. It was 8'o clock on a Sunday morning and my parents were away as every other weekend. I made three cups of coffee and put them on a tray.

Somehow coffee had always made me feel better after a drunken night.

***

"Rise and Shine, muffins." I chirped aloud. I pulled out the drapes and the Sun hit their eyes. His window was shut.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked as I felt the bitterness clear out my veins.

"I don't know." Abby turned over and held on to my pillow, still with her eyes closed. "Shopping?"

"I need to buy this new collection on Gucci. So yes, please." Kiara pitched in.

"So be it." I chuckled and pulled my blanket of their faces.

***

I was the last to come out of the bathroom and the girls had already dressed. They wore miniskirts and topped it with tanks. I wore an old pair of jeans and a spaghetti top. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and wore my eye-make up extra smudgy so I could get a smokey look. 'There.' I pulled out the last line.

***

I checked my messages as I locked the front door.

'Pick us up at my house, Reg.'

rileylyksitnew

I turned to Abby.

"When did you even call him?" I shook my head.

"Oh, baby when you were in the shower." Abby said as she re-applied her lip-stick, smacking her lips at the front view mirror. I sat into the driving seat of my yellow Volkswagen, the colorful person I was. Kiara popped her head from the back seat and adjusted the radio.

And along the way we sang, rather yelled, "I..I..love you like a love song, baby!".

***

I picked the guys at Riley's and we parked the car at a lot in the 5th underground parking base. It meant the mall was pretty crowded, given that it was a Sunday.

"So you girls carry on, we will be at the gaming arcade." Wayne tagged along Riley's hand.

"Grow up, kindergartners." Kiara hit him on the head.

"And since when, the gaming arcade?" Riley asked confused.

I sensed there was something going out of lane.