Chapter 1

"The name is Galene Astraea Fuentez, also a transferee from Jouska High, nice to meet you"

Astraea? Like starry-night? I glanced at the woman standing behind Malkiel and saw that she was smiling so widely while introducing herself. A happy-go-lucky transferee maybe? My gazes landed on the one sitting beside her who was grimacing and immediately changed what I thought. No, she was smiling because she was just simply happy. A bet maybe? To be honest I couldn't care less but her name caught my attention.

The introductions went on and when it was my turn, I stood up and shortly introduced myself since there was no need.

"Drystan Zael Valdez, member of Phoenix Harmony"

That was all it took for the whole classroom to erupt in cheers. I grinned, our band was already famous despite it being just our second year here in Clandestine High. That was part of our goal of course. We plan to reach the top and this would be our stepping stone.

For some unknown reason, my gaze wandered behind me and sure enough, I found that Galene girl staring at me. Her chin resting on one of her hands, while the other was tapping on her desk.

When I met her eyes, she snickered. And from that day onward, I never liked her.

🎙🎶🎙

"So Drystan has been torturing us for three days straight. YOU MONSTER!!"

I rolled my eyes at Kenzo who was being dramatic. They were talking about how the three girls with which we became friends hadn't hung out with us. Of course, it was partly because we needed practice and also because I think they already found an organization to join.

"By the way, Ms. Emily said she'll tell us something today"

I stared at the three when my gaze flew to the doorway where Ms. Emily stood. Stopping just in time to hear Kenzo say

"After leaving us in the hands of this monster named Drystan, she comes today? What for? A nagging again?"

"Oh my, I didn't know you hated my nagging that much Kenzo, should I nag you some more?"

I let out a sigh and continued flipping through my music sheets. Kenzo had it coming, he was an idiot for having no filter. I was determined to ignore them when I heard a familiar voice.

"You really shouldn't give Quincey some blackmailing material Kenzo"

I raised my head and saw that beside Ms. Emily was Quincey and behind them was Serenity who was slapping Galene at her back probably to make her stop laughing. I raised an eyebrow when Ms. Emily invited the three in.

I sat on the chair beside me only to stand up again when Ms. Emily said

"You should welcome the new three members of Phoenix Harmony, Quincey, Galene and Serenity"

"EXCUSE ME!!"

What the hell was happening now?

"No offense Miss but we created Phoenix Harmony as our band and just registered it here in Clandestine High so we..."

"So you could promote and use the instruments here during your free time. I am aware, Drystan and it would still be like that. It's just that until your time here in Clandestine High, these three will be with you."

I gaped at Ms. Emily when I saw Galene snicker again. I felt a vein popping on my head. I really hate it whenever this woman snicker, it felt as if she was making fun of me.