Chapter 7

'It's hard trying to act normal' That was Drystan's first thought as he sat in his seat, arms crossed in front of his chest, eyes closed. He let out a sigh, three days ago after the fireworks ended and Galene looked at him, he felt his whole being weakened.

Galene asked him what was wrong but instead of answering, he did the stupidest thing of running away. Now, he knew that there was a chance that Galene might bring the topic up. And so far, since that night and over the weekend he had been trying to rehearse what to say but he still couldn't come up with anything

"Hi Galene!!"

Drystan flinched upon hearing their classmates greet Galene. He opened his eyes just in time to see Galene walk towards her seat.

"Yo, Zael"

Drystan could swear he could feel himself melting again as he stared at Galene smiling widely at him. Galene on the other hand furrowed her eyebrows when she saw him staring hard at her. She placed her bag on her desk before sitting in Malkiel's seat beside Drystan instead of her seat.

"Come to think of it, what happened last time?"

Drystan flinched once more before clearing his throat.

"Last time? What do you mean?"

Drystan could feel Galene's stare at him so instead of looking at her directly, he directed his gaze towards the class board.

"Ohh you mean last time during the festival, I just kinda had a song in my mind so I needed to write it quickly"

Galene made a mental note of how Drystan spoke faster than usual like he wanted to end the conversation. She felt the same last time too, like he disliked having to talk to her. Truthfully she was angry at this, she didn't like the feeling of talking to someone who wasn't interested in talking with her.

"Oh? So it's like that"

The certain strain on Galene's voice made Drystan turn around but before he could even catch her expression, Galene sat on her own seat and laid her head on her desk.

Drystan gulped down, he knew that Galene was one who wore her heart on her sleeves. When she's happy she doesn't hide it, when she's sad she doesn't hesitate to show it and when she's angry and annoyed she makes it apparent.

And at this point, he was so sure that she was angry. But as to why, he couldn't answer it.

"Hey uhh"

He wanted to clear things up, he certainly didn't want Galene to get angry at him but before he could say anything, Koa and the guys burst inside the classroom making it noisy with their cheers.

Drystan just glanced at Galene whose head was still buried on her desk. He was worried that if he left it as it was, it might get worse. But then again, how was he supposed to appease her when he didn't even know what he did wrong?

He let out a deep sigh and faced forward when Malkiel and the others sat in their seats. So much for trying to act normal, he thought.

"Hey uhh did the two of you fight?"

Drystan turned his attention to Malkiel who was sitting in front of him as they ate lunch. The four of them decided to eat at the cafeteria while Galene, Quincey, and Serenity ate their lunches in the classroom.

"Eh? Who? Who fought?"

Kenzo annoyingly shifted staring at Malkiel and Drystan which Drystan found annoying.

"Are you talking about Drystan and Galene? Aren't they always like that though?"

Koa pointed out as he took another bite from his sandwich. Malkiel shook his head and stared at Drystan again. Drystan knew that out of all of them, Malkiel was the one who always paid close attention to the girls. He had always been looking out for the three so he would be the first to know if something was wrong.