Chapter 14

"We need to talk"

Those were Drystan's first words towards Quincey who arrived at school without Galene. Quincey raised an eyebrow at Drystan.

"Talk about what?"

"You know what's happening with Galene don't you?"

Drystan was going crazy, that was his thought as the bruises on Galene's body increase day by day. And the fact that it seemed like she didn't have any intention of telling them what was really happening with her drove Drystan into a fit of anger. Something he didn't want to feel towards Galene.

He was angry that he couldn't do anything for her especially not when he didn't know what exactly was going on.

"Did Galene tell you anything?"

"No, nothing, that's why I feel like I'm going insane"

Drystan eyed Quincey and waited for some answer but she only gave him a shook of her head.

"Quin come on"

"No"

Quincey rigidly answered before crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"I respect Galene's decision and if she hadn't told you anything that means she isn't ready yet"

Drystan felt like a fool, did it meant that he wasn't respecting Galene's decision to not tell him anything?

Quincey let out a sigh, Drystan wasn't to blame and she knew that but she just couldn't ignore Galene's wishes.

"Just... wait for her. Give her time, she'll tell everyone eventually"

When? Drystan wanted to blurt out. He was frustrated beyond this point but everything that Quincey had said was true. He knew just how stubborn of a person Galene was and if she said she didn't want to say anything then she really won't.

Drystan was still thinking about Galene when Kenzo and Koa bursted through the open door, seemingly out of breath. Drystan and Quincey stared at them, eyes squinted at the two male's state.

"Galene is in the infirmary"

Drystan didn't need to be told the whole story, within seconds he was up and running towards the infirmary, Kenzo, Koa and Quincey on his heels. All his senses were on alert and only one thought was playing on his mind.

Please be safe.

That was all he thought about as he raced towards the infirmary. He didn't even greeted Malkiel and Serenity who were outside the infirmary and just opened the door.

"Zael"

Drystan felt his knees weakened as he stared at Galene's already bandaged hand and the blood-drenched white cloth right on her feet.

"What happened?"

His voice, he realized came out rougher than how he'd intended to. He saw how Galene flinched lightly and he hated it, he let out a sigh as if to calm himself down.

"You kids really don't know how to obey don't you? I told the ones earlier that you can't crowd up in here"

The nurse told Drystan while her eyes were fixated on the door to which he realized was crowded by the group who was also worried for Galene's wellbeing.

"We're sorry, is she alright now?"

Serenity asked to which the nurse let out a sigh for. Drystan's gaze didn't leave Galene's as he walked towards her.

"She's fine, it was a small incised wound. It didn't hit any hit nerves and it wasn't that deep. Still, it'd be best not to let the wound untreated. You got my instructions earlier don't you?"

Galene nodded at the nurse who was eyeing her, she hadn't answered her question to where she got the wound and she didn't want to answer either.

"I suspect you'll have a fever so just rest for today, you can use this room, the rest of you go to class"

Drystan turned his gaze towards their friends before turning it towards the nurse.

"Can I have a minute with her? We need to talk"

He calmly stated to which everyone agreed to, the nurse left them to inform their homeroom teacher of this incident and Galene instantly regretted being left all alone with Drystan.

"Astraea look at me"

Galene shook her head as she stared down at her feet dangling from the bed. Drystan was standing in front of her and she knew what he wanted to talk about but she just really can't.

Drystan stared at Galene and let out a sigh before kneeling in front of her so that he would be able to see her.

"Please tell me what happened, this is getting out of hand"

Drystan held Galene's uninjured hand and realized that they were cold. He stared up and saw how Galene's breathing became ragged. This sent him into a frenzy, instantly standing up and sitting right beside her so that he could hug her.

"Astraea, it's alright"

"Zael I don't want to... I can't talk about it"

Drystan gritted his teeth as Galene say between deep breaths but nonetheless he hugged Galene tighter.

"Astraea"

"No, I promise I won't get hurt anymore just stop asking me"

Drystan understood that whatever was happening to Galene was more than he could ever imagine and yet he had this idea of what it was.

"Is it your family?"

Galene's eyes widened as she unintentionally pushed away Drystan.

Drystan saw how Galene's eyes turned wary and how her expression turned complicated. This gave Drystan some confirmation that he needed.

"Astraea you can tell me"

"No, and stop talking about it. Please, just don't ask me anything"

Before Drystan could even answer, Galene laid out on the bed and turned her back on him.

"I'm going to sleep"

The tone of her voice and body language told him instantly that she didn't want him talking about what really happened but she didn't told him to go away so he stayed.

He stayed and watched Galene sleep peacefully while his mind was a swirl of emotions. He was angry, at Galene, at himself, at the reason why she was getting hurt. And yet he was worried and sad at the same time.

Something wrong was happening with Galene and he couldn't even do anything.

He let out a sigh and planted a kiss on Galene's forehead.

"Keep your promise then, stop getting hurt only then would I stop asking"