Chapter 11

Drystan didn't know how he got the courage to ask Galene out but he was happy that he did and it had been a week since then. He sighed deeply as he glanced at his reflection in the mirror. Today was his first date with Galene and he was frantic and nervous. He stared at himself, he was wearing a collar short sleeve shirt and jeans. It was just your average casual attire and yet he felt as if it still wasn't enough.

He suddenly remembered Galene's blushing face when he had asked her. He was so sure that Galene would say no but then she said in a small voice...

"Then, I'll try if it works out"

And he couldn't be happier, she was giving him a chance he didn't know he could have. He doesn't want to waste it.

"Alright let's do this"

He had planned out the entire day perfectly, the two of them would start with a movie then a dinner where they could talk and then at night they'll walk by the park where the night lights are beautiful. He would make this memorable for Galene.

That was his plan but he realized that it was far from perfect the moment it all started to fall apart. He stared at the movies lined up at the cinema where he'll meet up with Galene. He knew just what genre of movies Galene liked best, it was horror and sci-fi, and yet the only thing that they're showing right now are romance and child-friendly movies.

"Why do you look like you're bearing the entire weight of the world on your shoulders?"

Drystan turned around only to be mesmerized by what he saw. Galene was right beside him wearing a short sleeved blouse, jeans and a pair of high heels. It was the first time he saw her wearing light make-up, no scratch that, it was the first time he saw Galene dressed like this.

Galene somehow felt burdened when she saw how hard Drystan was staring at her. She wore what she normally wears when she goes out on dates so she thought that no one would notice. But then she realized that Drystan had never seen her in this attire before. She scratched her nape and cleared her throat.

That made Drystan blink fast before turning around again, his ears now the shade of red.

"Uhmm, sorry I didn't know that all the movies showing today would be this"

Galene shifted her gaze to the cinema list and saw that it was either romance or cartoons. She glanced at Drystan whose ears are still burning red. She smiled lightly.

"It's fine, how about that one?"

Drystan looked at the title that Galene pointed at. It was a romance-drama movie, and he then shifted his gaze to Galene.

"You sure? I thought you hated romance?"

Galene chuckled and Drystan swore he just fell deeper with how she smiled.

"It's alright, I don't completely hate it you know"

"But you won't enjoy it either"

Galene looked at Drystan and she noticed how down his expression was. It was the first time that she had seen him like this.

"Zael, you won't know that unless you watch it first"

Galene said before going to the ticket booth to buy their tickets. Drystan hurried up to catch her before she could even pay. It was their date and it had always been a custom that the guy should pay first. But his shoulders slacked the moment he realized that Galene had already paid for their tickets.

He looked at her and felt embarrassed and annoyed at the same time. Everything wasn't going the way he had planned right from the get-go.

"Astraea, you should've waited for me to pay for it"