Chapter 13

Drystan found out two things about Galene after that day. One, was that she lived alone and couldn't tell him where when he wanted to drop her off to which he respected, they had time and he would know sooner or later but for now he respected her space and decisions. Two, she really wasn't much of a liar but she could hide things well, especially the bruises and scars.

He stared at Galene who was laughing with the group. His eyes never strayed from her. Earlier when she had arrived, the first thing that Drystan noticed was the dark mark on the base of her neck. His suspicion were confirmed when he went near Galene and saw that it was a bruise, a fresh bruise on that note.

He wanted to ask her but Galene told him off before he could even, saying how she didn't want to talk about it. Drystan kept his mouth shut and up until now, he hadn't brought the topic up. But it was worrying him, because he found similar marks on her legs, to why he was staring at her legs, he didn't want to be questioned.

"Zael?"

Drystan looked up to see Galene staring at her worriedly, the others were still talking up nonsense but Galene's attention was all on him.

"You okay?"

Drystan wanted to snort at her question. She shouldn't be the one asking that, but he nodded nonetheless. He figured that if Galene really didn't want to talk about it then there's nothing he could do. She had always been stubborn and that fact hadn't changed. So instead, he smiled at her and held a couple strands of her hair to play with.

No matter how he looked at it Galene was hiding something from them and it greatly affects her mood even if she wasn't honest about it. Worrying would get him nowhere, he wanted to do something for her. That's when a thought crossed his mind.

"I just had a thought"

Galene eyed Drystan and his gaze never wavered from her. He brought the tips of her hair to his lips before silently asking her.

"Do you think you can go on the second date with me today?"

🎙🎶🎙

"Was it so out of the blue?"

Drystan asked as they were walking to their second-date destination. After classes, they immediately parted ways with the rest of the group and walked ahead. Galene looked at him and thought about it for a while before answering.

"A little? Even Quincey was surprised"

Drystan chuckled before taking Galene's backpack off her back. Galene protested but she was too late as Drystan was already carrying it.

"I can carry it you know"

"I know, but I still want to do it for you"

Drystan felt proud of himself the moment Galene's cheeks turned the color of roses. He had welcomed this new profound pride everytime Galene would exhibit an out of the norm expression. Because for him it meant he was making an effect on her.

"Where are we going anyway?"

Drystan smiled widely before offering his hand towards Galene to which the lass gladly obliged. She didn't have any reason to avoid him now especially not when she herself craves for some soft touch. That was a fact that she had learned since that day in the clinic.

The two of them walked a decent distance before they finally reached the building where Drystan had his idea of date is. He quickly stared at Galene who stood awestruck.

"This... how did you even thought about this?"

Drystan chuckled at Galene's expression which changed from surprised to a happy one. He was glad that it looked like he made the right choice.