Chapter 10

Drystan felt so weak, his fever wasn't getting any better and he could feel his body getting weaker. He was looking forward to going to school again but it seemed like fate was making fun of him when he fell sick.

"Hey Big brother, you good?"

Drystan looked at the doorway when his brother peeked on it.

"Hey Sian, I think it's getting better"

His younger brother walked inside his room to take a look at his temperature and winced when he saw that it was still at 39 degrees celsius.

"Getting better? seriously just what did you do to get sick like this? You have this fever for over four days now"

"I don't know either, it's a first isn't it?"

Sian nodded at Drystan and let out a sigh, he noticed how Drystan was feeling restless since their mid-year break begun.

"I'll leave you to get some more rest then"

Sian stood up to leave his room. Drystan felt too weak to answer Sian and even when he nodded at him, he felt his head getting heavier. He tried to sleep but his mind was still wandering. He sighed, he was frustrated that he didn't get to school today. He missed Galene like crazy and really wanted to see her.

"Damn it, you really got me good"

He chuckled to himself, he couldn't have imagined ever being this crazy about Galene. If someone told him back then that he would have fallen in love like crazy with Galene, he wouldn't believe it either. And yet here he was, his whole being invaded with the thought of Galene.

It wasn't like this was his first time falling in love but maybe because it was unexpected that it caught him off guard. His relationship with Galene was different from the get-go, he was so sure that he would hate her forever and yet maybe the reason why he didn't mind arguing with her every day was because he had fallen for her a very long time ago.

Who knows? He might have fallen for her since the beginning.

Drystan drifted into sleep, smiling sadly at himself for realizing now that maybe he had liked Galene since the first time he saw her.

Drystan wasn't sure what time it was when he woke up but he was just grateful that his head felt alright now. The pain and dizziness had already faded away and he could feel it getting lighter. It also seemed like his fever was starting to subside now.

"Okay, let's go to school like this tomorrow"

He said to himself before standing up to change his sweat-drenched clothes. He was changing when he heard Sian at his bedroom door.

"It's open Sian"

Sian opened the door and peeked in just a little to see Drystan.

"Hey, someone named Galene is downstairs asking for you, know her?"

Drystan stopped in his tracks and faced Sian who was looking at him.

"Who?"

He asked wanting to hear it more clearly this time.

"Galene, she said she's from your club"

it didn't even take Drystan a second when he stormed out of his room and went down to the living room. He heard Sian calling him but hearing Galene's name and the fact that she was here sent every cell in his body into a frenzy.

Galene turned around as soon as she heard rushing footsteps from the stairs. Her eyes widened as she saw a disheveled Drystan rushing over to her. He looked like he lost some weight and was still sick by the way he was panting.