Chapter 3

Drystan angrily walked towards their classroom, and everyone seeing him made way instinctively. He was fuming so early in the morning and it was just because of an argument he had with Galene over the phone. He wanted to meet her earlier so he could look over the schedule to make some changes but Galene refused saying it wasn't that urgent.

He let out a deep sigh and calmed himself down. It had been a few days since her conversation with Galene and she had changed since then. She was now more on edge around him and she always seemed like she had little to no motivation right now. When he asked her about this, she just shrugged him out without even arguing with him.

It was out of his whim to call Galene earlier but now he was the only one annoyed at what happened.

"Damn it, why do I care so much about it anyway"

He admitted that it wasn't like him at all but if Galene was to hinder their group then he wouldn't stand for it. He wanted to avoid that at all costs.

Drystan turned around the corner and was about to walk up the stairs when he heard voices.

"What do you think you're doing? Not answering any of my calls or texts? What? Because we had only been going out for weeks you think you can just ghost me?"

"Ghost you? We literally go to the same school. What are you fussing about anyway? I used to not call or text you for days before"

Drystan froze, he couldn't recognize the man's voice but she could recognize Galene's. He froze and thought about how Galene was in a relationship but he never knew. And he even mistook her for liking Malkiel when she was dating someone all along.

"We rarely even go out. Heck, do your friends even know that you have a boyfriend? Almost no one in our school knows?"

"I think you're mistaking yourself"

"What?"

Galene was annoyed at this point. She has so many things on her plate right now and then this man in front of her drags her near the stairs only to spout nonsense.

"I never said we were in a relationship. Going out and being in a relationship are two different things. Since I don't believe in courtship, I told you that we should go out to know more about each other"

Galene stared at the man in front of her, she couldn't even bother trying to remember his full name, all she knew was the nickname she had given him, something that would remind her of him. She became interested in him after he confessed to her and she found out that they both like books. She wanted to give him a chance but who would have thought that he would mistaken her intention?

"What did you just say?"

"Look El, let's just end this here, I'm not really in the mood for any of this and truthfully I don't find you interesting anymore"

"Hey, you bitch"

Drystan who was standing in the middle of the stairs held his breath as he listened to Galene and the man named El's conversation. He figured it would be awkward for them if he was to come out now so he wanted to just leave right there but then he heard Galene's pained voice.

"Let me go, What the hell"

Galene gritted her teeth as she stared at El who was now staring down at her, his hand holding both of her hands on top of her head, her back against the wall.

"You think you can just play with anyone like that? Just because I confessed to you?"

"If you didn't like that then you should've refused. I told you I didn't like you at first but I wanted to try. Was that so wrong?"