Chapter 5

Drystan let out a sigh as he tried to calm his nerves, today was the day. It was the battle of the bands. After losing to their seniors before, they had vowed to win this year.

"Guys, we're second to the last"

All gazes flew towards Galene who just entered backstage. She was wearing a black shirt that had the word Manager at the back. She was also smiling widely at them while the boys just dropped their jaws.

"Wait you sure you got that spot?"

Galene showed them the card she was holding. Drystan stared at it before staring back at Galene's proud and smiling face.

Before the competition starts the managers or representatives of each band draw a random card that states in what order would they go. The best number would always be the second to the last or preferably the last act, as this would make the judges remember them the last.

"Wow I guess you're our lucky charm huh"

Koa happily says before putting an arm around Galene's shoulders which Drystan finds annoying. Galene's words on how Koa was almost similar to her type were ringing at the back of his mind.

"Told you I'm lucky"

Drystan knew nothing good would come out from him being too emotional. He needed to get his emotions under control. He already knew what he was feeling for Galene and he certainly could not let that get the best of him.

But still, he was overflowing with so much irritation whenever he sees Koa nonchalantly touch Galene.

"Just remember to play your best, we'll be in the crowd if you need us"

"Why are you doing the pep talk"

Drystan grumbled to which Galene raised an eyebrow. Galene saw how annoyed Drystan had been since earlier, but she knew better than to push his buttons today. So instead of starting an argument again she gently tapped Drystan's shoulders to which the latter flinched.

"I'll let you off the hook now because you need to sing later"

She waved at them and disappeared leaving a stunned Drystan and a laughing Koa and Kenzo. Drystan could feel his face heating from the embarrassment. He cleared his throat and rubbed his ears, a habit he rarely does as he rarely gets embarrassed. He can't believe he let himself get emotional making it look like Galene was the rational one.

Their attention then quickly shifted to the first band to play. All their nerves started to get to them again as they watched how the bands before them played.

"You guys I'm starting to feel all nervous"

"Yeah me too"

Koa and Kenzo simultaneously said while Malkiel and Drystan just stared silently at the band playing.

"What? You guys chickening right now?"

The four of them turned around to see Quincey, Galene, and Serenity staring at how ridiculous they looked. Drystan quickly noticed the bottle they were carrying.

"Quincey, can't you just pop up like a normal person? You're like a mushroom, popping out of nowhere"

"I guess you are nervous, noting how you're more talkative than before. Here"

Quincey gave Kenzo the bottle she was holding which everyone else stared at. Drystan noticed the color of the liquid inside the bottle and made a mental note to be ready to whatever weird thing Kenzo would be saying.

"What's this? Pee?"

Drystan noticed how Quincey annoyingly looked at him.

"Can't you just take it like a normal person? Why do you have to be so weird"