Chapter 8

Disclaimer: We don't own Naruto, but we do own the characters we create.

Kumiko's POV

I looked at Mari and she looked at Ryouji. I saw that the idiot was in love with her, but I didn't trust her. She looked at me for a quick second, but I saw her glare at me. I flinch which was bad considering that I had Itachi's arms around me.

"Kumiko, are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I'm fine Ita-chan." I said. Mari heard me say Ryouji's and I's nickname for Itachi because she looked over at us.

"That's a cute nickname. Can I call you Ita-chan as well?" She asked him. I felt jealously in the pits of my stomach when she said Itachi's nickname. She said it so girly. It was annoying.

"No." Itachi said bluntly. "Only Kumiko and Ryouji can call me Ita-chan."

"Oh really? That sucks. I guess I'll have to come up with a nickname for you myself then." Mari said.

"Itachi is fine. Nothing else." Itachi said. He started to sound irritated, so I changed the subject.

"Why don't we go over to Pein-nii." I said.

"Who?" Mari asked.

"Leader-sama. He allows Kumi-chan to call him that." Ryouji said.

"Really? I should ask him th-"

"Don't." I said, interrupting her.

"And why not?" She asked me rudely. I took a step back. Why is she being so rude to me?

"Let's go bring you guys to Leader-Sama." Itachi said. I nodded my head and the two of us walked over to Pein-Nii's office. As we were walking over there, Kisame and Ryoujj were talking to Mari like nothing ever happened.

"Kumi-chan." Itachi said.

"Ita-chan? What's up?" I asked him.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Huh? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because of how Mari was treating you." Itachi said. I sighed in defeat. There was no escaping Itachi, especially if he saw something out of the ordinary.

"If that's why you are asking, then no. I'm not fine." I said. "I just don't understand why she hates me off the bat."

"Who knows? Maybe she's jealous about how you are surround by a lot of guys." Itachi said.

"I don't know why she would be jealous if that. I only see one cute guy here." I said.

Itachi chuckled and went in front of me. I jumped on his back and giggled. We heard Kisame gagging in the back and we turned around. We saw Kisame gagging, Ryouji on the floor dying, and Mari just standing there confused.

"Oh quit it." I said. They looked at me and chuckled.

"What's going on?" Mari asked. "I've never seen Itachi happy or chuckling before Kumiko and Ryouji-kun came back."

"It's because those two are in love with each other." Ryouji and Kisame said, trying to sound all lovey dovey. The two of us groaned at their stupid attempt as they laughed at us. I looked at Mari and she was staring at me harshly like she was trying to mentally throw kunais at me. I tensed up and Itachi turned around so we couldn't see her.

"Thanks Ita-chan." I said. He nodded his head and we started walking over to Pein-Nii's office again. When we finally got there, I jumped of Itachi's back and Mari thought it might be a good idea to jump on to Itachi's back. When she jumped, Itachi moved to the side and Mari ended up hitting her face against the door. Kisame and Ryouji went over to Mari's side as Itachi and I stared at them.

We walked over them and opened the door. Pein-nii and Konan had their backs to us, so we entered the room with out them knowing. We were about to say something when Ryouji and Kisame started yelling at Itachi

"What's wrong with you?" Kisame asked.

"Mari could have hurt herself!" Ryouji exclaimed.

The two of us sighed before looking at Pein-nii and Konan. They looked at me and Ryouji as Konan ran to me. She hugged me and I hugged her back.

"I missed you guys so much." She said.

"I missed you too Konan-chan." I said. She let go of me and walked over to Ryouji to hug him. Pein-nii got up from his chair and moved away from his desk. I took my chance and ran to him. I gave him a big hug and he hugged me back.

"I missed you Pein-nii." I said.

"I missed you as well Kumi-chan." He said. Ryouji walked over to Pein-nii when we finished our hug. He bowed to Pein-nii and started to give him our report.

"I see. Looks like the Kyuubi's vessel is getting stronger." He said.

"Yep." I said. I yawned and I covered my mouth. "Pein-nii, I'm going to me and Ryouji's room now." I said.

"Wait." Pein-nii said. I stopped and looked at him with a tired expression. "Actually, Kumi-chan, you and Ryouji have separate rooms now."

"What?" We both asked.

"Yeah. Ryouji has a room with Mariko and you have a room by yourself." Pein-nii said. "Sorry." I looked at him and sighed.

"It's okay Pein-nii. So where is my new room?" I asked.

"It's next to Itachi's and Kisame's room. Itachi will show it to you." He said.

"Okay. Ita-chan, can you help me pack my clothes and stuff please."

"Sure."

"Um, actually." Mari said.

"What now?"

"I took over your clothes and your stuff got damaged." Mari said trying to be innocent, but I saw in her eyes that she was lying. I felt myself get angry, but Itachi put a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and he shook his head. I sighed and looked at Mariko.

"It's okay. I'll just get new clothes and equipment." I said.

"Thanks and sorry." Mari said with a smirk.

I groaned and walked outside. Itachi meet me outside and we walked over to my old room. We opened it and saw that all my stuff was destroyed except for a big iron box I had. I sighed in relief and went in to get it. Itachi helped me carry it outside. When we got outside, Ryouji and Mariko were there staring at me.

"What are you doing with my box?" Mariko asked me.

"What are you talking about? This is mine." I said.

"No it isn't. It's mine." Mariko said.

"Look here. See this?" I said pointing to a burn mark. "This is my iron box. You want to know how I know? Because Itachi helped me and Ryouji get back at our clans for getting rid of us. Itachi burnt my house and this iron box fell from my old room."

"No. It's mine." Mariko said.

"Actually, this is Kumi-chan's box." Ryouji said. "Please don't try and take this away from her." Mariko looked at me angrily and walked into her room. I looked at Ryouji and sighed.

"Thanks Ryou-kun." I said.

"No problem Kumi-chan. I'll see if she has something against you." He said.

"Thanks. Bye." Itachi and I brought the box to my room next to his room and we placed it in the center of the room. I weaved some hand seals and the iron box opened. I saw three sets of my black ninja clothes, two sets of my white ninja clothes, two pairs of black and/or white ninja shoes, five black and/or white masks, ten kunais, ten shurikens, ten senbons, and a black and white heart locket.

I put the clothes away and kept the weapons inside the boxes. I picked up the locket and closed the iron box. Itachi and I put the box in my closet and I looked at the locket. I opened it to see a picture of me on one side and a picture of Itachi on the other. Itachi closed the locket and took it from me. He moved my hair and placed the locket on me. I looked at him and smiled. He planted a kiss on my forehead and pulled me down on my bed. We ended up cuddling in my bed, staring at each other. Eventually we fell asleep in my room.