Chapter 23

Monica: Hey guys. Jeff and I are currently hiding from Ryouji. I know you expect our little scenes at the end of the chapter, but we just need to this at the moment.
Jeff: Also, we do not own Naruto. Only the ones we created. If you guys have any complaints about it, send us a message. Mostly Monica. She checks her messages. I don't.
Both: Enjoy.

Kumiko's POV

I woke up in a hospital room, staring at a lady with her blond hair tied into two low ponytails. I cleared my throat to get her attention and sure enough, it worked. She turned around and smiled at me.

"Hello. My name is Tsunade. I'm the fifth Hokage and my, aren't you crazy?" She said.

"So you're the new Hokage. Okay. How long have I been out for?" I asked her.

"Just a couple of days."

"When can I leave?"

"After I perform a few tests."

AFTER A FEW TESTS

I walked out of the hospital and into the streets of Konoha. I looked around and saw one person waiting for me. I walked up to them and hugged them.

"Hey Naruto." I said.

"Hey Kumiko-chan! You feeling better?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I am."

"That's awesome! Believe it!" Naruto started to walk me home and told me everything that had happened when I was out. I was nervous. What might happen to Sasuke? I know he hates his brother, but he wouldn't leave the village would he? As I was thinking about Sasuke and the possible paths he could take, I realized that we were way off the path back to our apartments.

"Naruto? I thought we were heading back home?" I asked him.

"We are. I'm being you home. Then I have to go home."

"But we live in the same apartment complex."

"You don't live in an apartment anymore." I stopped walking once Naruto said that. I looked at what was I front of me and I saw the Fujiwara and the Yamamura complex. Although it was huge and empty, it brought back a sense of pain. I walked into the complex and say Kuma as Ryota running towards me. I got down on one knee and gave them a hug when they got to me.

"Onēchan! You're okay!" They said.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Did you worry about me?" I asked them. They nodded their heads and I laughed. "You're not hurting are you?"

"No!"

"Okay then. Where is Mother and Father?"

"At home."

"Okay. Can you bring me to them?"

"Sure!" They grabbed my hands and started to drag me to my parents. I looked behind me and saw Naruto standing at the entrance.

"Thanks Naruto! I'll see you tomorrow!" I yelled to him. He smiled at me and started to walk somewhere else. Kuma and Ryota brought me to two big houses, one marked Fujiwara and the other Yamamura. We wended the Yamamura one and I saw my parents sitting on the floor.

"Mother! Father! Look who we brought!"

"Auntie! Uncle! It's Kumiko-chan!"

My parents looked up and saw me. My mother immediately stood up and ran over to me. She hugged me and started to cry. I rubbed her back to try and calm her down. My father walked over and put a hand on my shoulder. We eventually got into a group hug.

THE NEXT DAY

I was walking down to the Hokage's Office. Lady Tsunade wanted to see me immediately for reasons I didn't know. When I entered her office, she was looking out the window.

"You wanted to see me Lady Tsunade?"

"Yes. Kumiko, after looking over your Chunin exams results, you're now a Chunin of Konoha. Congratulations." Lady Tsunade looked at me and smiled. I vowed to her but I felt something was off. I looked up at Lady Tsunade with a puzzled face.

"Lady Tsunade, what's wrong?" I asked her. She sighed and looked at me.

"The old man's report did say you were able to ready a situation good. There is no easy way to say this, but your teammate, Sasuke, left the village last night. It might have something to do with the curse mark he has." I looked at Lady Tsunade. Sasuke left? He might go to that snake. I immediately left the Hokage Tower went towards the village gate. I saw Sakura there crying. I went over to her and crouched in front of here.

"Sakura? Are you okay? What happened?" I asked her.

"Sasuke. He left! And Naruto and them are going to get him back..."

"What direction did they go?" I asked. Sakura pointed towards the forest and I went after the genin. The first one I saw was Chouji. I gasp when I saw the boy. I went over to him and tried to find a pulse. I found the pulse and sighed. I pulled out a flare, litghting it as I put it next to Chouji. The medical ninja can find him and heal him. I moved on further and I saw Neji in the floor, arrows in him. I rushed over and pulled out another flare. I lit it and put it next to Neji. I tried to heal him, but the arrows were in the way and I couldn't pull them out without someone to stop the bleeding. I looked at Neji before I forced myself to move on. I moved forward to see one person, Kiba. I moved towards him and saw one person. He was about to hurt Kiba, so I threw a kunai and the person backed off. I rushed over to Kiba and let ones at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"What are you doing here? Are you going to help this guy kill me as well?" Kiba asked me harshly. I sighed. Still think of me as a traitor. Great.

"No. Why-"

"Why hello Ms. Invisible Shadows. Or money bag." I like looked over and saw who Kiba was going up against.

"Ukon.  The leader of the Sound Four(Five?). What's an idiot like you doing here?" I asked him.

"We have orders from Lord Orichimaru to take Sasuke with us." He said. "Maybe we can take you with us. We an get a lot of money off of you."

"Hm. So my options are go wuth and either be experimented on by the Snake or be given to the Akatsuku and then killed, or stay in Konoha and protect it's people. I chose me staying. I don't wanna deal with you two idiots." Sakon and Ukon looked at me angrily and then I realized what I just did. "The Sbake is terrible anyways. Why I can just beat him up. Kill him. It will be difficult by both Konoha and the Akatsuki a huge favor." I said wuth a cocky smile.

"Shut up. You wanna die already?" Ukon asked me.

"Sure. Why not? If you want my dead body, you gotta get me first." Once I said that, Ukon suddenly appeared in front of me. I quickly dodged him and punched the sucker right in the stomach. I quickly did some hand seals and slammed my hands on the floor. "Yamamura Secret Technique: Bloody Shadows."

The floor around me and Ukon started to change colors. Ukon looked at me before looking over at Kiba. He had a surprised look on his face so I turned around. I saw Kankuro there with one of his puppets. I looked back at Ukon and he was right in front of me. I backed away quickly and started to perform hand seals as Ukon got closer to me.

"Yamamura Technique: Blood Clones." From the floor, two weirdly bloody shaped objects appeared. They started to take on my form and soon there were two more Kumikos.

"Look out behind you!" I heard Kiba yelling and I turned around. I saw Sakon and I tried to move away from him. I tried. Sakon punched me in the stomach and I flew into a tree. Or so I thought.