Chapter 25

A FEW DAYS LATER

Kumiko's POV

I watched as Naruto and Jiraiya-Sama left the village. I smiled at them. Naruto was going to become a big hit. He's going to change on this trip. I can feel it. I looked at Konoha and smiled. I'm grateful that this is my home. I was heading back to my place when Shikamaru stopped me.

"Hey Shikamaru. What's up?" I asked him.

"You want to go and train with my team?" He asked, pointing behind. I looked and saw Ino and Chouji. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Sure. I'll go. Just don't blame me if you guys get hurt to badly." I said.

"We're ninjas too Kumiko! Don't forget that!" Ino said.

"I know, but-"

"No buts! Now come! Let's go and train!" Ino said. I sighed and looked at Shikamaru as his teammates started to walk over to their training ground.

"Is this what you have to deal with everyday?" I asked.

"Yeah. Ino's a troublesome girl." He said. I laughed in agreement and we followed after his team. When we got to the training ground, an Anbu appeared and walked towards me. We looked at the Anbu as he stood in front of me.

"May I help you?" I asked him.

"There are people at the village gate."

"This involves me how?" I asked.

"They wear your symbol." He said before vanishing. I rushed down to the village gates to see the Anbu was right. There was a small group of Yamamura talk to my father. I smiled walked over to him.

"Looks like there's more hope for our clan." I said. Father looked at me and smiled.

"Yes. Yes there is."

ONE AND HALF YEARS LATER

I looked at Sakura. She improved a lot. She became a medical ninja and followed in Lady Tsunade's footsteps. She's even a Chunin as well. We were on a mission together and we were to meet up with the other ninja on our team. We got to the meeting point and looked around.

"Where are they? Their late." I said as I took of my Anbu mask. I'm not an official Anbu, I only have the mask when lady Tsunade wants me to go and spy on certain people or areas.

"I don't know, but their late." She said.

"Please don't tell me we are teamed up with someone who is like Kakashi-Sensei." I pleaded.

"Me too." She said. I felt someone's chakra signature and put my mask on. "Someone's here." I said.

"Why must you wear that mask?"

"I don't want this team to know who I am. It could compromise the mission."

"What if it's someone you know?"

"Then I'll take off the mask. Happy?" I asked her.

"Very." She said as she looked at the direction the chakra signature was coming from. Two people came out of a bush and I saw Temari and Kankuro. I immediately blushed under my mask. Why?