Chapter 24

Kumiko's POV

I thought I crashed into a tree, but in reality, it was Kankuro's puppet I crashed into. I looked and saw Kankuro give me a smile. I stood up and looked at Sakon and Ukon.

"Ukon, what were you doing?" He asked.

"Thought we could get some money off of the girl. Recognizing her?"

"What girl?" I feel appreciated. I grabbed a kunai and threw it in Sakon's direction. Sakon looked over at me with a dull expression.

"Girl here." I said. Sakon looked at me before grinning. "What the-" Sakon charged at me and grabbed me by the neck. I shrugged and he laughed at me.

"Stop squirming already, Invisible Shadows." He said.

"Fine. I will." I punched Sakon as he was distracted by my shadow clone. I moved behind Kankuro and looked over at Kiba as my clone vanished.

"You okay?" I asked him. He grunted in response and I sighed. I looked over at Kankuro and next thing I know, Sakon had Kankuro's face in his demonic arm.

"Be careful! He's about to try enter your body and combined with it!" Kiba yelled.

"It's too late!" He stared at them for two minutes. "I can't believe it." Kankuro started to smile and his face started to break as he grabbed on to Sakon's arm.

"What's the matter Sakon?" Ukon asked his twin. I was curious as well. Why wasn't Kankuro affected by Sakon unless. I gasped at what was happening. I looked over at Kankuro and smiled. Clever idiot. Kankuro's face started fall apart and sand fell from his face. Everyone but me was surprised to see what was happening. As more sand fell, there was a puppet in Kankuro's place.

"I guess that jutsu of yours doesn't really work on puppets does it?" From the puppets back, Kankuro emerged from the back. "Fair warning. We Suna ninja aren't pushovers. Like our friends from Konoha. Oh and standing as close you are to my friend, the Black Ant. Big mistake." Black Ant's arms crushed Sakon and blood was shot everywhere. I looked at Kankuro and he had a grin on his face the whole time.

"Kankuro..." I couldn't help but look at him. Maybe Sakura was right about him. Maybe he was just following orders. Black Ant let go of Sakon and he fell to the floor. He went straight for Ukon, but dodged him and ran towards Sakon. The two combined together and Ukon was in control.

"What?" Kankuro said.

"Ow. That hurt. You take over brother. Let me rest in this body for a little bit Ukon." Sakon said.

"Just who are these freaks?" Kankuro said.

"This is there most dangerous ability." Kiba said.

"I can't believe you let that puppet catch you off guard." Ukon said. "I won't let that happen. That's puppet's speed isn't that much."

Kankuro started to use Crow and forced Ukon and Sakon back. As they were going back, they landed inside of Black Ant.

"Black Ant isn't meant to be on offense. It's primary function is to trap. And when it's combined with Crow, they make a deadly combination." We watched as Crow's body started to dissemble. The limbs and the head revealed swords at the ends. We heard Ukon yelling at us to let him and his brother go, but Kankuro killed them off. Blood oozed out of the puppets body and the noises from it were silenced.

"Are you guys okay?" Kankuro asked.

"I'm fine. I got here a little bit before you arrived." I said. I looked over at Kiba and his puppy.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Why don't you go somewhere else and stop acting like you care about Konoha." Kiba said. "Just go back where you belong."