Chapter 16

Hey guys! We do not, I REPEAT, We do NOT own Naruto, Only the characters that we have made.

Ryouji's POV

We were right behind Kumiko as she ran in front of us a few meters away. We were playing a game. A very fun game. I call it Run and Die. It's very simple. The victim, AKA Kumiko, has to run away from the murders/murderesses, AKA Ita-chan, Mari-chan and myself. If Kumiko runs away from us unharmed, which is very unlikely, she wins and we lose. But if we were to kill Kumiko, then we win and she loses. Now the only problem is that Kumiko used to be an Akatsuki member. So if we kill her, we are going to have to explain why Kumiko was killed. If she escapes, we still have to explain what happened. To Leader-Sama. Which won't be good for us.

I grabbed Mari-chan and flung her at Kumiko. She grabbed Kumiko and took her down. Kumiko fought her and managed to push Mari-chan off of her. She took off running again and she made some hand seals. Two other clones appear next to each other and they went off into different directions. Ita-chan took the one on the left, Mari-chan took the one on the right, and I took the center one. This was going to be a fun game.

Itachi's POV

I followed the Kumiko that went to the left. I was hoping that i was getting the real one. I wanted to talk to her. I was confused about her. About me. About us. I just needed to talk to her. I followed her into a groove of trees and she stood in the middle of the clearing. I stopped a meter behind her. I wanted to hug her, comfort her. But it was different now. I no longer know Kumiko anymore. She was a different girl, a different person.

"Kumi-chan..." I said softly. She turned around, no tears running down her face.

"Itachi." She said, without any emotions what so ever.

"Kumi-chan. What happened to you?" I asked her, desperate for an answer on why she was acting so different? So bizarre. It was unlike Kumiko to be like this.

"Nothing happened to me." She said. "I finally let myself free. I don't want to live with you guys anymore. I don't want to murder, I don't want to kill anyone. I only did that to stay with Ryouji. He was the only family I had left."

"What about us? What happened to us?" She looked at me and there was a flash of one emotion in her eyes. The eyes of regret.

"There was no us.  And there will never be an us ever again. I only dated you because you had such a pitiful look on your face when you asked me. I only did it out of pity. Not because I loved you. I always hated you." Kumiko said.

"That's a lie. You're lying to me Kumiko. I know you love me. Konoha did something to you. I know you love me." I said, refusing to accept what Kumiko had just said to me. She slowly walked over to me, laughing at my pathetic state. I stared at her in horror. This isn't the Kumiko I fell in love with. This isn't her.

"I told you, I'm setting myself free. I don't love you. I never loved you." Kumiko kept repeating those words over and over. I couldn't take it anymore. I got out a kunai and and rushed over to Kumiko. She stood still as I stabbed a kunai into her stomach. I pulled away as Kumiko slumped forward. I watched as the love of my life fell to the floor. She looked at me and said one thing before she poofed away.

"I'm sorry Ita-chan."

Mari's POV

I followed the Kumiko that went in the right direction. She rushed over to a grassy like area and stop in the center. I stood only a few feet away. She turned around and face me. We both looked at each other, no emotions shown in either on of us.

"Mariko. Such a nice and young girl for Ryouji. Even I didn't see the two of you being together." She said.

"What is it to you? Why are you even saying these things to me?" I asked her.