Chapter 5

I was sitting on the floor outside of the room where Zuko and Azula regularly practiced their fire bending. The uncomfortable amount of sitting was causing my back to ache and the once cold surface of the floor had long-since been warmed by my legs from sitting for so long. I was waiting for Zuko to finish with his training so that we could go play, but his training had gone on much longer than I expected. I finally decided that it was time to get up as my bum could barely take the hard surface of the floor anymore and as I rose to my feet that was when I heard the door to the training room open.

Azula nearly bumped into me as she exited the room with a triumphant look on her face, "Watch where you're going" I quickly apologized and heard her scoff, "Useless non-bender" as she walked away.

Zuko soon left the room with his head down until he noticed me standing in front of him, "Oh (Y/N), what are you doing over here?"

"Waiting for you to get done so we could play . . ." I looked him up and down and noticed that he was covered in singe-marks and was sweaty, "Maybe we can play another time, for now how about we find Iroh and get some tea?"

Zuko nodded at me seemingly grateful for my understanding and we made our way to Iroh's quarters. As we walked, Zuko complained about how he was never going to be able to defeat Azula while I swiftly cut him off to assure him that he is much stronger than her and knew that he could easily beat her if he really wanted to. I saw Zuko roll his eyes as I lightly shoved his shoulder before turning to knock on Iroh's door.

After the second knock the kind man answered the door and ushered us in, "I expected you two would come sooner or later. I saw Azula walking down the halls with a terribly boastful look on her face and assumed Prince Zuko could use some cheering up so I already prepared some jasmine tea."

Zuko and I walked over to the small tea-table in Iroh's room and noticed there were three place settings, "Uncle, how did you know (Y/N) would be with me?"

Iroh smirked lightly, "Ah Prince Zuko, you and (Y/N) are always together so it was only natural I make her a place setting as well."

I felt my cheeks heat up for no understandable reason and sat down in front of one of the place settings. Zuko sat next to me at the table and I snuck a look at him and noticed his neck was dusted with light pink as he wrung his hands nervously. Why he was nervous, I had no idea. Once Iroh brought the tea out and Zuko took the first sip of the sweet jasmine tea, he seemed to calm down. I took a drink of my tea and felt the warmth of it instantly relax my muscles. Iroh's tea was always the best and seemed to heal any sickness or bad feelings I had in the past and it always tasted incredible.

A few hours were spent talking with Iroh and Zuko, Iroh making jokes that caused Zuko to laugh while simultaneously stating that the jokes weren't funny which caused (Y/N) to snicker at Zuko trying to keep a serious demeanor. Soon, I began to feel my eyes drooping and the time between my yawns grew less and less.

I stood up announcing, "I should probably head to my room now, it is getting pretty late. Thank you Iroh for the tea."

"Of course, (Y/N). Have a good night's sleep." Iroh closed his eyes as he smiled and lightly waved. I returned the smile and began making my way towards the door. I felt Zuko's presence beside me as soon as I reached the door and he began walking with me to my room.

"You know I don't need an escort to my room, right? Unless you forgot, I live here and know my way around." I sarcastically remarked as Zuko feigned offense and placed a hand to his chest.

"What kind of prince would I be if I didn't make sure my friend didn't get to her room safely?"

I rolled my eyes, "I dunno, a less annoying one probably."