Chapter 15

"Sokka for the love of the spirits, I'm telling you, we're here," I was currently sprawled out on my stomach, looking through the maps we had gotten from the library with Sokka. We were trying to find the quickest route to the entrance of Ba Sing Se and could not agree on where we were on the map. While we tried to figure that out, we let the kids play and relax in the water nearby.

"And I'm telling you (Y/N) that we're here."

I huffed, "Sokka, you're dead wrong. You have absolutely no sense of direction!"

"I have no sense of direction!? You're one to talk. Wasn't I the one who had to guide you back to camp the other day after you got lost looking for berries?"

I blushed, knowing he was right and definitely got myself lost, but there was no way I was going to admit that, "For the last time I was not lost! I just found a shortcut!"

Sokka looked at me with a doubtful expression. I crossed my arms and stuck my tongue out at him. He then shoved me, and I shoved him back harder. This continued until we were practically wrestling on the boulder we were once sprawled on. I had Sokka in a chokehold, waiting for him to tap out and admit I was right.

That is, until I heard Katara yell, "WATERBENDING BOMB!"

She jumped into the water below, causing a ginormous wave to land on me and Sokka, leading me to let go of the boy's neck. Toph and Aang laughed at Katara's antics and I smiled. It was nice to see everyone having a good time after our whole debacle in the desert a week ago.

"Sure, 5,000-year-old maps from the Spirit Library. Just splash some water on them," Sokka complained, his voice laced with obvious sarcasm.

Katara walked out of the water and wrung her hair out, "Sorry," she then waterbent the water from the scrolls.

"So, did you guys figure out what route we're going to take," Aang asked as everyone circled around me and Sokka as we laid our map out.

I nodded at Sokka to explain, "Okay, we just got out of the desert, so we must be around here. And we need to go to Ba Sing Se which is here," Sokka pointed to these places on the map, "It seems like the only passage connecting the south to the north is this sliver of land called the Serpent's Pass."

"And you're sure that's the right way to go," Toph asked, apprehensive of Sokka's navigation.

"It's the only way. I mean, it's not like we have Appa to fly us there."

I smacked Sokka's arm and when he looked at me in disbelief. I rolled my eyes, "Shut up about Appa. Can't you try and be sensitive?"

"(Y/N) it's okay. I know I was upset about losing Appa before, but I just want to focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and telling the Earth King about the solar eclipse," Aang spoke in a hushed, monotone voice.

I hesitated before speaking, "Okay, I'm glad you're . . . doing better."

Sokka spoke up, "Then to Ba Sing Se we go. No more distractions."

As if on cue a man's voice called, "Hello there, fellow refugees!"

We all turned to see an older man and two women. One of the women was obviously pregnant and looked like she was going to burst at any moment. We all walked up to the trio of new people, Aang being the first to question them in a kind tone.

"So are you guys heading to Ba Sing Se too?"

"Sure are. We're trying to get there before my wife, Ying, has her baby," the man answered, placing comforting hands on his wife's shoulders.

Katara smiled, "Great! We can travel through the Serpent's Pass together."

The trio looked at us in shock before Ying exclaimed, "The Serpent's Pass? Only the truly desperate take that deadly route."