Chapter 6

I was in the palace library trying to find a book on healing plants when suddenly, two hands covered my eyes. I would have screamed if I hadn't heard familiar laughter behind me which immediately made me smile.

"Guess who!"

I pretended to ponder for a moment, "Ty Lee?"

The hands immediately removed themselves as Zuko laughed, "No! How could you think I was Ty Lee?"

I shrugged, "You have girlish hands, Zuko."

"Hey! I'll have you know I have very manly hands."

He held out his palm in front of my face and I giggled and pushed it away, "Well, put those 'manly' hands to use and help me reach that book on plants there."

Zuko looked to where I pointed and gave me a cocky grin, "Not until you admit I have the manliest hands of all the fire nation."

I rolled my eyes and did a dramatic bow, "Oh brave Prince Zuko, you have the most manliest of hands in all of the nation. Any soldier should cower in the presence of your mighty hands."

This seemed to satisfy him as he grabbed the book and handed it to me. I made my way over to one of the chairs in the library and began to read. Soon enough, Zuko sat beside me with his own book and we read in silence.

After a few hours, I looked over to Zuko to see that he was asleep. His hair had shrouded his eyes and my hand moved to brush it away, that is, until his head landed on my shoulder. I tensed up, as I didn't want to wake him. I slowly exhaled and continued to read. Soon, my eyes grew heavy as I could barely make out the words on the page. I closed the book and placed my head on top of Zuko's and quickly drifted off to sleep. We spent the rest of the night cuddled up on that chair, blissfully unaware of what the future would hold for us.

"(Y/N) less daydreaming more sewing please!" Sokka unnecessarily yelled, seeing as he was sitting right beside me. I was dreading the fact that now my memories of Zuko were taking over my thoughts and were now not just confined to my nightly dreams. I had hoped the dreams would cease once some days after our fight had passed, but it had been a month and every night had been filled with memories of my life at the fire nation palace, many of which included Zuko.

I shook away my thoughts, hoping this would keep him from invading my mind for at least a little while, and poked Sokka with the needle I was using to sew his coat and continued working as he complained about his 'injury'. When I finished, I handed the coat back to him before beginning to work on the tears in my own coat. Both of our coats had been a little damaged during the battle at the Northern Air Temple a week ago and I had only now gotten to fixing them. I had to do it soon anyway seeing as we were bound to arrive at the Northern Water Tribe in a matter of days. The air was already becoming cooler as we flew on Appa and I was not used to the cold so I needed to get this coat fixed as soon as possible.

Since the battle between me and Zuko, I had told the GAang about my history with him and the fire nation, as they had all seen my dramatic reunion with Prince Zuko. I told them every detail of my past life from me and Zuko's old friendship, my mother's goodbye, and about my years in the earth kingdom with Isano. Surprisingly, after confiding this to them, Sokka was the first one to give me a giant hug. I expected him to try and kill me for being connected to such high-powered people in the fire nation, but he was very understanding. Everyone was. They all gave me a group hug and everything went back to normal soon after. I felt a huge weight come off of my chest after telling them, as the guilt for not telling them my whole story after them confiding their own seemed wrong. I was glad to have such understanding friends who were able to trust me unconditionally, despite my past.