Chapter 13

I dismounted Appa in the small clearing that Aang had pointed out. I scoped out the area and deemed it as a suitable place to set up camp, so I began to unload my things. It had been a few days since Toph joined us and we decided to finally land to make camp for the night. Since she joined, the entire GAag seemed to be getting along with the new member very well.

I had taken quite a liking to the spunky earthbender as we both grew up in the earth kingdom. I told her about the fighting styles I learned and how I was taught by an ex-Kyoshi warrior, all of which she claimed made me the 'coolest' of the entire GAang.

"Hey you guys picked a great campsite. The grass is so soft," Toph stated and I threw a glance in her direction to see she was standing in a pile of Appa's fur.

Sokka chimed in, "That's not grass, Appa's shedding."

"Ew gross," Katara made a retching noise.

Aang spoke up, "It's not gross, it's part of spring," as if he was some kind of fairytale princess, a bunch of woodland animals began surrounding him, "You know, rebirth, flowers blooming, and Appa gets a new coat."

Katara rolled her eyes, "Oh the beauty of spring," as if on cue, Appa immediately sneezed and a mountain of fur flew from his body and onto the ground Katara began coughing, "Stop, Appa, stop!"

"It's not that bad, Katara. It makes a great wig," Sokka turned around, revealing a large wig made of discarded fur on his head.

Aang chimed in with his own beard made of fur, "And a great beard," the boys laughed and I smiled while continuing to unload Appa's saddle.

"I'm just glad that now there's more girls in the group because you two are disgusting," Katara huffed while dusting herself off.

Toph finally chimed in, "Excuse me. Does anyone have a razor, because I got some hairy pits," she lifted her arms to reveal Appa's fur in her armpits.

The three of them laughed and Katara crossed her arms, "At least (Y/N) isn't as disgusting as you three."

Sokka made eye contact with me and an evil smirk grew on his face before scooping up a pile of Appa's fur. I glared at him, questioning, "Sokka, what are you doing?"

"Oh nothing, just thought you could use a MAKEOVER," quicker than I could make sense of what was happening, he began to arrange the fur onto my eyebrows. He stepped back and revealed me to the group, "Ta-da!"

The entire GAang erupted into fits of laughter, even Katara joining in with a soft chuckle. I tried to maintain my composure and glare at Sokka but it was no use and I doubled over with laughter. Between laughs, Aang sneezed and this sent him flying back into Appa's side before falling on his face which caused everyone's laughs to grow louder. I was holding onto Sokka's side to keep from falling over and he himself was struggling to stand. Once my own laughter died out, I glanced around and smiled wide at the happy picture in front of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, me, Aang, Sokka, and Katara began our usual setting-up camp duties. Katara was gathering water into some pots while Aang used his airbending to set up our tents. Sokka had collected some sticks for a fire while I worked on preparing the ingredients I gathered to make dinner.

I heard Toph yelling from where she had been sitting on the other side of the clearing and raised my head to see what was going on. Katara stomped in my direction and I stood from my kneeled position.

"What happened?"

Katara threw her hands up, "Toph isn't helping at all! We're all supposed to pitch in to set up camp."