04. First night

First night

First night

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

    Despite it being almost 7 pm, the sky was still as bright as ever, with no clouds hiding the beautiful colors of the late summer afternoon.

Doyun threw herself on the soft bed, sighing heavily as she wiped the sweat out of her face. "Finally, I unpacked everything. It took ages."

She blindly grabbed her phone from the bed, trying to feel it with her right hand. She turned it on, a message pop-up catching her attention. Meet me at the main plaza at 8 pm. Don't be late! She smiled softly reading Hanbin's message.

She surely couldn't leave her room in that state: big droplets of sweat covered her whole skin, making her clothes stick to it. She decided to take a shower, letting all the exertion from that day slide away from her.

She quickly got out of the shower. She stood in front of the mirror, somehow she had already got a faint tan. I love summer.

Doyun went back to her room, opening her now full closet. She opted for a pair of white baggy jeans, paired with a lilac top. It was perfect for summer, not the lightest but good enough, in case the temperatures would have dropped that night.

She fixed her make-up, making sure her dark hair was perfect. She checked her phone, it was 7:56 pm.

"Oh shit!" She cursed under her breath, rushing to the door. She grabbed a white handbag before closing the door behind her.

She rapidly went down the stairs, the elevator would have taken too much. She had no intention to be late on her first night there.

The powerful sun rays kissed her face as Doyun stepped foot out of the building. She ran around the hedge, shortly after reaching the main plaza. Running was truly the thing she despised the most, especially when it involved some stupid bet Danielle and Hyein came up with. Luckily for Doyun, this time she didn't have to pay for anyone's drink.

Doyun took her phone out of her handbag. 8:01 pm.

She looked around the plaza, searching for Hanbin's familiar face. She sat down on the stone fountain in the middle of the plaza, dialing the boy's number after not finding him.

After a couple of beeps, Hanbin's voice resonated in her ear, "Doyun?"

"Where are you?" She said, still looking around the plaza.

"Turn around." She did as his voice said. In the plaza, old couples and young children wandered around, but there was still no sign of Hanbin.

When she was about to respond, saying she couldn't see him anywhere, someone jumped in front of her, startling her. If it wasn't for Hanbin's grip on her shoulders, she would have probably fallen into the fountain.

"Are you crazy? Oh my god, what's wrong with you." She screamed, regaining her balance as she sat properly on the fountain. On the other hand, in front of her, Hanbin burst out laughing, bending in two as he held his stomach.