19. Vintage dress

Vintage dress

Vintage dress

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

     Every year, when August was slowly turning to an end, the atmosphere always got more and more gloomy. Especially around Doyun.

All the preoccupations, worries, and stress she had left behind with the end of school were slowly resurfacing as the new frightening idea of university invaded her mind. It was a constant thought for her now, even when she was simply having fun with her friends there was always a corner of her brain thinking about it.

She hated to admit it, but she couldn't stand change. She couldn't deal with that never-ending sense of loss she felt when big changes happened. She was getting so used to the calm and peaceful living of the resort that she could clearly remember the words she told her friend back in Seoul when she didn't feel like leaving for Jeju.

"It's just that... it's my first summer without school and I'd prefer staying here with you guys than working at my father's resort."

Every time she thought about it a sincere smile grew on her face. She wished she still had all Summer ahead of her, she wished she was still in Seoul, packing her things before leaving. Yet, there she was, only two weeks before the beginning of the same old – but new, at the same time – routine.

She tried to live the best two weeks she could, enjoying every moment of her day. She slightly regretted wasting some of her early days there staying in her room because of tiredness, because now she was trying to live every moment as if it was the last.

She had so many things to do, but simultaneously, time was running away from her.

That's why she decided to spend a day with all her friends in the hideout: Hanbin was there; Minji, Hanni, and Haerin immediately accepted that idea; Jungwon didn't hesitate to take a free day; and finally, Jake and the boys were thrilled to spend a day there.

Despite some of them knowing each other better than others, the day had been extremely good for everyone and Doyun was glad she had the time to spend some moments with all of them before all of that ended.

She enjoyed playing beach tennis with Hanni – the two were fierce competitors when it came to beach tennis. In the end, Hanni had the best of her, winning multiple rounds against Doyun.

"Yun-ie, you should exercise more! You're a little out of shape, don't you think?" Hanni mocked her, a bold expression on her face after winning yet another round. 

Doyun loved even more relaxing after the multiple defeats. She played some volleyball in the water with Hanbin, Jay, and Minji, forgetting about her time there when she found out that she had spent more than an hour in the water.

She only realized how long they had been playing when her legs started to freeze in the cold water and her lips started to turn purple.

She even got closer to Heeseung and Sunghoon when Haerin and her started talking to the oldest about their passion for piano. Both Haerin and Doyun used to attend piano lessons together when Doyun used to live in Jeju. That's exactly where she met Haerin for the first time.