09. Lovebirds

Lovebirds

Lovebirds

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"Here's your soda, have a nice day!" Doyun smiled at the little boy in front of the counter, handing him the opened glass bottle full of the light liquid he had ordered. Doyun had to lean forward on the counter since the boy was so small, she watched him as he stepped on his tippy toes, grabbing the bottle with his tiny hands.

"Thank you." He replied with a toothy smile as he ran away from the bar.

She watched him leave with a small smile, as he ran back to his parents, jumping on his father's back as they all laughed in unison.

She tore her eyes away from the heartwarming scene, going back to her work. A few people were still waiting for their orders and when she finally saw Jungwon placing the few dishes and glasses on the tray she hurried to serve them to the tables.

After the fun day she had spent the day before, on the hidden beach with her friends, going back to work was even worse than before. She just wanted to spend her summer with them, going around town and having fun. Why was she stuck in a stupid bar?

On the other side, the boy behind the bar was completely the opposite. "I don't mind working," Jungwon started, as Doyun plopped herself down on the stool, resting her eyes for a second, "I need the money anyways, and it's really enjoyable here."

Doyun looked at him with a teasing grin, "You need the money to pay Dani, Hyein and me dinner."

Jungwon's smile fell, watching the girl with a don't-try-to-remind-me expression. Doyun giggled at his face, going back to her work.

She moved around the counter, crouching down to grab a tool from a drawer. At the same time, an alarm rang, "It's break time for me, have fun by yourself." Jungwon teased Doyun, going to the back of the bar, and leaving the girl alone behind the counter.

"Sorry?" The voice startled the girl, making her look up in confusion. She met Jake's puppy eyes staring down at her. He was standing in front of her, the only thing dividing them being the bar counter between them.

Doyun stood up, she didn't even manage to find the tool she was looking for in the drawer. She fidgeted with her fingers as she flashed him a small smile.

She remembered perfectly the awkward moment they had shared at the hidden beach. The way she got lost in his eyes and his embarrassed pink cheeks. Doyun shook those thoughts out of her head, "What can I do for you?"

"Do you..." He started, he was thinking the exact same things that filled the girl's mind. I bet I looked so dumb, he cursed himself, "Do you know where Hanbin is?"

Doyun knitted her eyebrows, definitely not expecting a question like that, "Hanbin? No, I don't know."

He shook his head, "Never mind then, I needed to ask him something." He was about to leave but Doyun called him before he could turn around, "Maybe I can help you?"