10. Down memory lane

Down memory lane

Down memory lane

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

     Doyun couldn't stop smiling at her phone. Finally seeing her best friends and her brother after two weeks – which seemed considerably longer to her – was exactly what she needed to take a break from work and relax with them.

A radiant smile was still displayed on her lips when she snapped back to reality, running down the stairs of the building. Jake is waiting for me.

Her heavy steps echoed on the stairs, catching the boy's attention when she finally showed up in the lobby. Jake was leaning on the wall, scrolling through his phone as he waited for Doyun. Once she showed up, his head flipped towards the stairs where she was now panting, as she tried to catch her breath.

"You're here!" Jake smiled, putting his phone in his back pocket. His usual tote bag hung from his shoulder as he adjusted it. A light shirt wrapped his figure perfectly as if it was made just for him, while light blue denims concluded the outfit.

"Sorry for making you wait." Doyun excused, fixing the cross-body bag around her frame. She was wearing a light summer dress, with a flower pattern repeating on it. It was perfect for the summer season and the hot weather of that day, which was way warmer than any other day so far. Doyun was wondering how Jake could wear long jeans without burning inside of them.

"It's no problem, I was actually late too." He tried to lighten her mood, "I only arrived a few minutes ago."

Doyun nodded, opening the lobby's door before exiting. She left it open for Jake, who left the building as well before following Doyun toward the entrance of the resort.

"Have you already visited the village?" Doyun asked, eager to hear his reply. The small village was very dear to her, since it was her birthplace and where she had spent most of her childhood, other than her father's resort.

"Not yet," Jake started, "Heeseung and Sunghoon did though, and they said it's very cozy and pretty."

Doyun smiled thinking about the small town, "It is. I'm sure you'll love it too."

The two walked side to side down the main road that took to the village. Some cars would pass by them from time to time, that being the only source of sound. They were quiet, but strangely, this time it wasn't awkward.

They silently enjoyed the sounds of nature around them. The crickets' sing invaded the fields around them, while the wind brushed against the tall palm trees, bringing some breeze directly from the sea and cooling down the boiling air.

"So," Jake tried to initiate a conversation with the girl, "When did you move away from the village?" 

Doyun spun her head towards him, raising her gaze to see his face, "When I was a child I moved to Seoul with my mom and brother. My dad stayed in Jeju just for the resort, but he comes back to Seoul every year for the Winter season."