13. But I like you

But I like you

But I like you

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

     Getting ready together was a must for every party Doyun and Danielle attended. Back in Seoul, Danielle spent almost every day at the older girl's house. Whether that was for school projects, homework, or just a cozy night-in, for some reason Danielle spent more time there than her own house.

Not that Doyun minded though, she loved having Danielle around, it was like a constant in her life. Knowing the girl for so long made her realize how emptier and duller her life would be without that ray of sunshine shining on her gloomy days.

That night, despite not being in Seoul, the girls were in Doyun's room, Hyein joining them this time. She was still underage and Doyun had insisted on her not coming to the party Heeseung had invited them to, because surely there was going to be alcohol and God knows what else, but after Danielle promised to look after the youngest for the whole night, Doyun had gave in, allowing her to participate in the party.

"When does the party start?" Hyein asked excitedly, applying a soft pink lip tint to her lips. In the meantime, Danielle was in the small bathroom, styling her hair, and Doyun was sitting at her vanity next to Hyein, applying the final touches to her makeup.

"10 p.m." Danielle shouted from the bathroom, coming out a few minutes after with her curly hair bouncing on her shoulders, "Are you girls ready? I swear, you take forever."

"It's not even 9," Doyun stood up from the vanity, wearing her black low heels matching her navy dress, "Why so impatient?"

"I was thinking of getting something before the party." Danielle pouted, "Or maybe just take a walk, I haven't worn heels in so long, I need to get used to them."

"That's a great idea!" Hyein chirped, her eyes glowing under the vanity's lights.

"Do you know if Dohyuck is coming?" Doyun asked the youngest girl, tilting her head as if she already knew the answer.

"He's not." She replied, letting out a disappointed sigh, "He went with your father somewhere, I'm not sure."

Doyun smiled to herself, knowing well where the two Moon boys went. It was a tradition for them, whenever Dohyuck was back in Jeju, to go every weekend to a nearby town, way bigger than their little sea village, to spend some quality father-son time fishing and exploring new places. Unfortunately, that year, Dohyuck was stuck in Seoul because of summer school, so the only time they could organize their yearly getaway was during that small holiday Dohyuck could spend in Jeju.

Doyun was proud of her family's bond, even though their father was so far away most of the year. Her parents' love never trembled and both she and her brother had an amazing bond with their parents, despite all of them having strong and contrasting personalities.

The three girls left the building, walking hand in hand towards the main square, where they sat down on the fountain waiting for the right time to go to the beach party. By then, the sky was turning from the nice light blue of the day to the deep navy firmament. The bright stars started to appear as the shades of blue danced together melting into one another.