Chapter 10: The First Confrontation with Undyne

(y/n) continued his journey through Waterfall and encountered Monster Kid. Excitedly, Monster Kid told (y/n) about Undyne, the guardian who seemed unbeatable. However, (y/n) was already aware of Undyne and mentally prepared himself for the confrontation.

Monster Kid seemed thrilled about Undyne and asked (y/n), "Have you heard about Undyne? She's incredibly strong!"

(y/n) smiled and nodded. "Yes, I've heard about her. But I think I can defend myself against her."

Monster Kid looked at (y/n) impressed. "Really? You're brave, pal!"

(y/n) thanked him and then turned to Chara. "You know, Chara, does Undyne have any weaknesses?"

Chara thought for a moment before responding. "No, as far as I know, Undyne doesn't have any obvious weaknesses. She's a pretty powerful warrior."

Curse, thought (y/n),
Shortly after she spoke, the clinking of armor and the heavy breathing of a warrior could be heard. Suddenly, Undyne appeared with a surprise attack. She attacked (y/n) with full force, and he had only moments to react.

(y/n) felt his heart pounding with excitement. He narrowly managed to dodge Undyne's attack just in time. His adrenaline surged as he realized he was in a fight for his life.

He had to act quickly, so he used his abilities to defend himself while also looking for an opportunity to counterattack. Undyne was strong and resilient, and she seemed determined to stop him.

(If you haven't noticed yet, (y/n)'s ability is a strategic counter.)

(y/n) knew he had no choice but to flee. He skillfully evaded her attacks and capitalized on an error made by Undyne to push her away, seizing the chance to create distance. His thoughts raced as he searched for a way out.

Eventually, (y/n) managed to put enough space between himself and Undyne. He breathed heavily, feeling his heart pounding wildly. He knew he wasn't capable of defeating Undyne, at least not yet.

Chara stood by his side and looked up at him. "That was close, (y/n)."

(y/n) nodded as he continued to try to calm his breathing. "Yeah, it was. I still have a lot to learn if I want to stand against her."

To be continued...

Ps: the next chapter is a 0.5 chapter.