**Chapter 11: The Sweet Distraction**

(Picture by saikoly)

(y/n) felt his face burning with embarrassment as Chara licked the "white stuff" off his hand and commented that it was salty but tasty. He apologized to Chara for yelling at her earlier and lowered his gaze.

Chara chuckled softly and tilted her head. "Don't worry, (y/n). I didn't take it too seriously, and you had a point in a way. But that you did something like that when I was gone? I didn't expect that, what makes it okay was your cute reaction when I came back."

(y/n) couldn't help but blush even more as Chara called him cute. He smiled slightly and averted his gaze, trying to hide his nervousness.

"Come on, we need to keep going and defeat Undyne," Chara said, gesturing to the path ahead. You followed her, and now you're certain that you're in love with Chara, or am I just imagining things? I've never been in a relationship, but one thing's for sure, I like her.
(y/n) thought to himself and grinned at Chara.

(y/n) followed Chara, feeling unsure about his feelings for her. Chara asked (y/n) why he was smiling at her the whole time. "Mmm, why? Yeah, I'm sure. I mean, I really like you, Chara. You're enchanting and have this aura about you that draws me in."
After these words, Chara blushed. "Oh, okay, then let's keep going."

As they walked, (y/n) remembered he had a chocolate bar in his pocket and pulled it out. "Here, Chara. A little gift for you."

Chara took the chocolate bar and smiled. "Thank you, (y/n). That's really kind of you."

While enjoying the chocolate bar,

Chara started to ponder. Thoughts about (y/n) swirled around in her head. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about him. Her emotions were complex and confusing. Had she truly fallen for him?

(y/n) noticed Chara's thoughtful expression and asked, "Is everything okay, Chara?"

Chara shook her head and smiled slightly. "Yes, everything's fine, (y/n). I'm just lost in thought."

As they approached the upcoming challenge, Chara felt her feelings for (y/n) growing deeper. She knew there would be many more adventures and decisions ahead, but for now, she wanted to simply savor the moment.

To be continued...