Chapter 12: A storm is brewing

Author's note: As these chapters come out less and less will be in one's persons pov in each chapter, mainly because it would a hassle to keep doing that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"I cannot believe you, Whisk! Because of you, we almost got caught!" A vampire yelled. She had long cyan hair with the left side shaved, she wore a white leather jacket with black shorts and red work boots, she had glowing yellow eyes.

The vampire she was yelling at had short silver hair, dark skin, wearing black head to toe, golden eyes and she was shaking in place.

"B-but it's not my fault." Whisk tried to argue back. "I lost my mask..." 

Killa, the vampire with long cyan hair rolled her eyes. In her hand was the forementioned mask Whisk was talking about. 

Right now, they were back in there base of operations, an old, abandoned crate that they turned into a home. Along with them were three other vampires with cyan hair, they were Killa's roller derby teammates, and Bob, a vampire wearing a long brown robed hood, who never takes it off.

"Br0, JuSt gEt g00d l0l." Bob spoke through his robotic voice box; it was rumored that even Zer0 didn't even know what his real voice sounded like.

Killa growled. "This is why I can't work with you! You're so sensitive over everything! Sometimes I wonder why you chose to be a vampire." She scoffed out that last bit.

Whisk hung her head down and sat on the couch, it was old and dirty. Killa threw Whisk's mask on to the couch, just done with everything.

"Killa, I also believe someone was watching us, maybe from that new group of vampires." One of her teammates, Shark piped up. Despite it being nighttime and also that they were indoors, he was wearing sunglasses. 

She turned to face him, with a curious expression. "What makes you think that?"

"I overheard someone talking about us," He began before deadpanning. "They had a really annoying voice."

Killa hummed. "I see... well, I'll be back. I got to go talk to the boss, make sure those two don't do anything stupid." She pointed to Whisk and Bob.

Shark gave her a salute. "You have my word."

Killa left the room and closed the door. Slamming it shut. She made her way towards Zer0's office. 

She turned on the commutator he had given Killa. After fiddling with it for a moment Zer0's voice could be heard from the other side.

"Who is this?" Zer0 asked cautiously. 

"It's Killa, Sir. I came to report an incident." Killa explained.

"Ah, yes..." Zer0 hissed on the other end. "I already know. I overheard another squadron of vampires talking about it." 

Killa gulped.

Zer0's voice seemed to double, causing the commutator to rumble. "You almost got caught by the police!"  

"T-that's not all sir." Killa nearly stuttered out.

"Oh?" Zer0 said with genuine surprise. "What else happened?"

"Whisk revealed her vampire status to one of the officers." Killa explained.

Zer0 sighed on the other side. "Jesus Christ. If she wasn't good at technology she would've been banished long ago."

"I would also like to report that Shark believes that the new vampire gang had something to do with the cops being called."

Zer0 on the other mumbled to himself. "Of course, it is..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile on the other of the city, in an abandoned office building, Belle had an unamused look on her face as she listened to Evelyn bragging.

Evelyn was a human girl with long pastel pink hair, with fair skin and green eyes, her outfit was a lolita inspired black and grey dress, with long white stockings and black Mary-Janes. 

"It soooo funny, watching them scatter like the bunch of rats they truly are." Evelyn laughed.

"Shut the fuck up! Don't you know it's almost sunrise!!" Another vampire yelled.

Evelyn flinched at the sudden loudness, not expecting that. 

Belle rolled her eyes. "Ev, what exactly is calling the cops on Zer0's group going to do? Sure, they're the ones killing a whole bunch of people, but how's that really going to help us in the long run?"

Evelyn huffed. "Well, I wasn't done telling the story, one of them actually bit one of the police officers!" She giggled, like she just told the best joke in the world.

Belle eyes widen in horror. "Evelyn." She said in a nervous voice. "If the general public finds out about vampires, then -"

Evelyn cut her off. "Yeah, yeah..." She rolled her eyes and held up her right arm dismissively. "I know, then the entire city will go on lock down and hunt you down for extinction. I know..." 

Evelyn evilly smirked. "But, come on. Do you really think that this is going to get out to the public? The police aren't exactly known for actually keeping the peace, they just want a paycheck."

Belle sighed. "I'm gonna go report this to the boss. Do us all a favor and go home Evelyn." 

Evelyn pouted. "Fine." She whined out. "But one day, I'll earn my place here! You'll see!" She slammed the door shut.

Belle groaned. "That bitch doesn't take no for an answer." She pinched the bridge of her nose; she headed up the stairs and entered her Boss's office. 

Her boss was a vampire with dark tan skin, silver hair and red eyes. His long hair covered his right eye, he was wearing a black shirt with white stripes on the sleeves, long black pants and grey boots. 

He turned to face the sound of the door opening. "Belle, I already know why you're here; Evelyn isn't known for having an indoor voice." He chuckled to himself.

Belle did not find this funny. "Niles, this wasn't just any vampire gang, it was Zer0's." She explained.

Her boss Niles, sneered. "Ugh, of course it was." He growled a little. "Why am I not surprised." 

Belle noticed every time how his attitude changed when someone mentioned Zer0. "So, what's the deal with Zer0." She asked. "I mean, this seems more than a surface deep rivalry, you guys have going on." 

Niles sighed and sat on the office desk. "Zero and I were once friends." He said, looking down. 

Belle took a step back. She expected for him to not tell her anything, after all this seemed like a difficult thing for him to discuss.  

"But then, something bad happened. Our mutual friend was killed by a human and then our friendship crumbled." Niles growled. "And now, he's trying to get revenge on me by trying to provoke a war!" 

Niles looked Belle dead in the eye. "Leave." His voice was cold. "I would like to be left alone now."

Belle did just that. But she couldn't help but wonder.

'Was that the whole story?'