Chapter 33: Uh oh

Author's note: MISSION 10!!! MISSION 10!!!! AHHHHH!!! Smg34 fans, we eating good tonight!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Meggy was getting her mail when she heard Luke shouting from his apartment. She quickly went back to her apartment to put down the mail. Kevin came out, a scowl on his face, he brushed past Meggy without even saying hello. 

Something was definitely off. She opened the door and saw Amanda cowering by the table, Mario with a serious look on his face, and Luke in-between them with tears in his eyes.

"What..." Meggy looked at her friends in bewilderment. "What the hell was that?"

Luke suddenly fell to his knees and started to sob. Meggy, concerned for her friend, entered in to try and comfort him.

She looked at Mario. "Red, what the hell happened?"

Mario seemed to have a shadow cast over his face. "What needed to be done." He walked off into Luke's room, shutting the door behind him.

Meggy turned to face Amanda, Luke's sister seemed to be finally coming out of her shock.

"Kevin found out..." The young girl said quietly, she looked down at the floor. 

Meggy noticed something on the table. It was a bunch of pictures of Luke and Three from last night... Meggy only knows one person who owns a camera that could develop those photos so quickly.

"I'll be right back." Meggy entered Luke's room to see Mario putting up a few silver necklaces onto the glass door. "Mario!" She shouted. "Out of all the people to hurt Luke's relationship, it was you!?! Why?!? I thought you were happy that Luke was dating someone."

Mario turned to her. "Happy? Why would Mario be happy that Glitchy would choose a man that kills to live over his family?!? He was gonna leave Mario behind! You said it yourself, him being in a relationship with a vampire is dangerous. "

"Mario..." She had no idea he felt that way. "That's still no excuse to mess with someone's relationship."

"Oh, come on! Mario thought you would agree with me, you were suspicious of his boyfriend as well!"

Meggy took a step back. It was true, she was... but then Desti came along and changed that. "Well... they've been dating for a while now and nothing bad has happened to Luke."

"Yet..." Mario sneered. "Nothing bad has happened yet." 

Meggy didn't know what to say. Mario brushed past her as he walked out of the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Desti was woken up by her phone going off. She groaned and swiped the phone off of her nightstand.

It was a text from Meggy.

"Oh, Fuck." Desti breathed out.

She quickly got out of bed and slammed Three's door opened, startling him awake. "The hell Desti?!"

Desti shoved the phone into his face. Three grabbed it and looked at the message.

Megs: Send this message to Three... Kevin found out.

Three stared at the message for a while in disbelief. Crap, that couldn't be good.

"Three?" Desti spoke up. "Are you okay? You're shaking."

Three looked at his arm to see Desti was right. "I... I don't know..." 

"I can text Meggy to see if Luke is ok..." Desti sat down next to him, comforting her long-time friend.

He handed the phone back to Desti. "Yeah, good idea." But, Three already had a feeling, that it was over...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke felt numb, he's been staring at the ceiling for a while now, the only noise he heard was from his sister and Meggy talking. Mario had left after he stormed out of Luke's room.

'I can never see Three again.' Tears threated to spill out of his eyes. 'There's no way on earth Kevin will ever let me go out alone again... Would Kevin find it suspicious if Meggy always kept being my babysitter, or would he have Mario and Amanda tag along? There's no way Mario wouldn't tattle.'

Luke thought back to their past interactions, Three had never done anything to hurt Luke on purpose, and if he accidently did, he would apologize right away. He was gentle, and caring. Not only to Luke, but to Eggy, to Terrance, to the rest of his pod.  

If only there was some way for Kevin to see that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amanda had told everything that happened. To Mario bursting in, to the photos, to the screaming match her brothers had, to finding out that Luke left early to have some private time with Three, to Mario taking Luke's phone right out of his pocket, and to Kevin forbidding Luke to even enter his own room.

"That's... wow." Meggy said.

"Yeah, now I think Mario only told me that Lukie was dating that vampire to get that photo of them..." Amanda looked down in shame. "I hate seeing my brother upset... but I don't think it was going to work in the long run... Lukie wouldn't want to give up his family, right?" Amanda's eyes started to tear up. 

Meggy looked away, towards Luke. He was still on the couch staring at the ceiling... "No, he wouldn't." 

'But that doesn't mean he also sees Three as family.' Meggy thought to herself. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night...

Kevin returned home to see Luke already asleep on the couch.

The older man felt like he had gone too far... He shouldn't have kicked his brother out of his room...

It's too late the deed is done now.

Kevin walked past Luke's room, ready to go into his, when he heard a bang on the glass door.

He rushed in to see what made that noise, only to see the Evelyn Claythrone outside the door with some cyan haired lady. Why the fuck was his landlord's daughter here?!

The two women looked startled to see Kevin, the two of them began to run down the metal stairs in a panic.

Kevin looked to the floor to see a silver necklace on the ground, he picked it up and pocketed it.

'Maybe, I was right to have him out of his room... Who knows what would happen if he was." 

Perhaps he did the right thing after all...