Chapter 8

Cole's POV

I was going to need to keep my eye on Justin. Things could have gone bad the night before if my dad had found out what we were up to. I was worried about how to keep my private life hidden now that there were more than two people in the house. I didn't let my worlds mix. I was careful about that — I needed to be.

Same as every year, we were having races in the desert, and that day, I'd need to be there. They were crazy: rock music, drugs, expensive cars, and races until the sun came up or the cops came, but they almost never bothered us, since it all happened in the middle of nowhere. The girls were wild, everyone drank, and the adrenaline was the perfect ingredient to make it the best night of your life — as long as you weren't the loser.

Aggie's gang always competed against us. Whoever won got to keep the loser's car, plus all the cash from the bets. It was dangerous, I knew that firsthand, and for that reason, everyone trusted me when it got down to the wire. Aggie and I had a deal, but it could be broken as easily as tearing up a sheet of paper, and that night I had to be on guard, not to mention, win.

Justin would need to keep his mouth shut, so I stopped at his door before it was time to head to the hotel where the gala was happening.

I knocked three times and waited almost a minute before he came out.

"What do you want?" he grunted.

I walked past him into his room. Before my father had married his mother, it had been mine.

"You know this used to be my gym?" I said, walking over to his bed.

"Oh no, the poor little rich boy had to give up his machines," he joked.

I stared at him, meaning to intimidate him, but as my eyes traced out his body, I couldn't help but admire it. My friends were right, he was hot, and I didn't know if that was good or bad, given my situation.

His hair was comb elaborately. It looked elegant and easygoing at the same time. What surprised me the most, apart from the light — a navy blue suit that left little to the imagination and his eyes like two bottomless wells. I didn't usually like people who got all dressed up, but I had to admit, him in that suit made me want to reach out and touch them, and those lips — that pink color could make anyone lose their mind.

I tried to restrain the unexpected desire that overtook me and made the first nasty remark that came into my head.

"Who picked out that suit?" I asked. I could tell it had gotten under his skin when I saw the blood rise in his cheeks.

"I did it so you'd keep your eyes off me, I know how much you hate getting all dressed up," he said, turning around and grabbing a tie off his nightstand. I could see his back muscles through the material on the suit.

As I watched him struggle with the tie, without even realizing it, I walked over. My fingers were aching to feel that skin that looked so soft...

"What are you doing?" he asked.

Seeing him up close, made me want to do some questionable things to him.

I took the tie out of his hands and fixed it up as if I were going to help him. But he clearly didn't trust me.

"Come on, little bro, am I that bad a guy?" I asked him, asking myself at the same time what the hell was I doing.

"You're the worst," he said, straightening the tie I got titled while I was tying it. When I felt his skin graze against mine, my hair stood up on end.

Dammit!

I stepped back, frustrated at the feelings he was causing. My desire was taking over, and it was killing me to think that not only could I not touch him, I could barely even look at him.