Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Cole's POV

I still wasn't sure why I'd invited him to spend the weekend with me in the Bahamas. His face had just popped into my head when I'd seen the tickets. I didn't even need to listen to my father as he told me I should take Justin along — the same idea had already occurred to me.

Since he'd chilled out and become easier to get along with, I'd found myself thinking about him even more. I couldn't imagine leaving him alone ever since Aggie had threatened him, and I freaked out anytime I thought of some other person getting close to him. Even remembering that he used to be with Maddie put me in a bad mood. I wanted to crush her for breaking his heart. For hurting him and because she'd had nine months to relish him, touch him, kiss him, God forbid, maybe even take off his clothes...

The idea of Justin giving himself to someone besides me tormented me all night and all day. I'd never thought of myself as the jealous type, probably because I'd never considered anyone mine, but now it was killing me. The way he smiled, innocent, almost... He was naturally sexy, which was what I liked about him most. It didn't even matter how he dressed, he still looked sexy.  He could be a wreck, but still, every time my eyes settled on him, I imagined ha thousand different ways I could make him moan with pleasure. Maybe what had happened in the pool hadn't been exactly right, but I'd promised myself I'd stay away from him after that. He made it hard, though. I'd wanted to kill him the night before after what had happened with Aggie that beating had been his fault not to mention for going out with Xana, but as soon as I'd seen the look of fear in his eyes as he'd seen my wounds, as soon as his warm fingers had touched my bare skin, I'd had to draw on all my self-control not to jump him right by the kitchen counter.

Worst of all, he was getting more confident. He was less defensive; he wasn't even scared to shout at me while I was asleep. He hadn't pulled away when I'd lost control of my hands and caressed him under the water. His legs were so long, his lean look so damn sexy...

And tonight he was going out again with that bitch Xana. She was always quick to feel someone up, take him to bed if she ever got the chance. Same as me, but I couldn't let her do that to Justin. He was too innocent, just a kid — a kid who would drive anyone with eyes wild. Especially me.

It especially bothered me that he was leaving on my birthday. I wanted him to myself; I wanted to show him the fun things to do in town. I wanted his view of me to change. I couldn't bear him thinking I didn't deserve to have him.

Someone knocked on the door. I was still getting dressed, so I shouted for them to come in. As I buttoned the shirt I'd be wearing that night, a pair of honey-colored eyes stared at me in the mirror.

"Back from dinner already?" I asked jokingly, trying not to turn around and trap him, make him stay with me in my bedroom all night.

"You're having a birthday party?" he asked, ignoring my question. I tried to feign indifference.

"What did you think, little bro, that I was going to stick around here watching a movie?"

"You should have told me. Jenna and Logan thought I was invited. They're downstairs waiting." He crossed his arms over his black shirt. It was tight and hung just four or five inches from the top of his abs. I was furious as I asked myself whether Xana had managed to get her hand under that shirt.

"I don't have time for this. Do youu want to come along? Then do it. You're on the list. But your little friend isn't, so figure it out." I walked closer to him If I couldn't have him, at least I could smell that cologne that turned me on so much.

"You're looking at me like I'm a movie villain, but it's unwanted. I didn't know it was your birthday till a couple of hours ago. I  already asked Xana out. I couldn't ditch her."