Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Cole's POV

The Hotel Atlantis in the Bahamas was considered one of the best. I'd been twice, and it really was incredible. There was a huge aquarium where you could see sharks, rare fish, and all kinds of sea creatures as you walked down the hall toward the dining room or the casino. Justin was freaking out, and I was happy to know I'd helped him have this experience. We'd reserved two rooms: one for the me and Logan and one for Justin and Jenna. I know we should have put Jenna and Logan in the same room but if we did, we would never see them. So it was best if we separated them for a while.

We got to the hotel at five in the afternoon. Jenna wanted her and Justin to go straight to the beach, so they went. I was dying to see Justin in his swimwear, so in thirty minutes, I made sure we were off. The sun was warm, but I wasn't one to lie down on a towel and soak up rays. I liked to surf, but even if that wasn't in the cards, I was content to know I'd have something handsome to look at.

I wanted to see a little more skin, a little more of that rough, lean body...

Jenna and Logan went straight to the water. She jumped on his back, and he threatened to throw her in. I turned to Justin, who was busy putting on sunscreen.

"Need help with that? I can get your back, stomach... In between your legs." I grinned at him. But something shifted in him when I mentioned his legs.

"No I'm good. I don't want you touching me."

I grimaced. It seemed like whatever I did pissed him off.

He lay down and took a book out of his bag.
He reads all the time at home. I wondered what it was he liked about Ana Huang, but I let it go. My literary tastes and his had nothing in common, that much was obvious. What was it about him that completely changed who I was, how I acted? Was it those sweet, honey-colored eyes that concealed an indomitable character that would cause anyone to buckle and give in? Was it the attitude, which made him be so unbearable and sexy at the same time? I didn't know, but when he looked up from his book, I knew if I didn't watch out, I'd go as gaga for him as Logan had for Jenna.

"Come into the water with me," I said, stretching out a hand and snatching away his book.

"Why?"

"I can think of several reasons. We could swim, look for seashells... Why, Bieber, what did you think I was talking about?"

The flushed pink of his face now turned deep red.

"You're an idiot, and I'm not getting into the water with you. Now give me back my book." He reached out, and I grabbed his hand and pulled him close.

"You can read when you're old. Come on."

He resisted at first, but then I picked him up and carried him down to the water.

"Let me go!" he shouted, kicking and screaming.

I obeyed, throwing him into the water and laughing when he surfaced, gaping like a fish. He came after me, and I spent the next ten minutes dunking him, running off, and cracking up.

————————

The afternoon was uneventful. I realized that if I kept my hands off Justin, he was capable of relaxing and having fun. On the beach, we drank margaritas and enjoyed the crystal-clear water. I fell asleep in my chair, Logan and Jenna disappeared to do who knew what, and an hour later, when I opened my eyes, Justin was gone. I looked all over for him. Then I heard him laugh. I turned to my left, where a group of guys was playing volleyball. Not just any guys. Twinks. There was Justin in his swimshorts — shirtless — jumping and smacking the ball like a pro while all the twinks gawked at him. They all were short and looking desperate for Justin. One of them hugged him and I fumed with jealousy.

Dammit! I stomped over to them. I didn't know what was going on, but I was pissed. When he saw me and smiled, I froze. He was happy. Blissed out.

"Preppy, come play!" he shouted, passing the ball to one of his new friends and running over to me. The sun had darkened his cheeks, and his eyes gleamed. "Did you see me score?" he asked proudly.

I nodded, unsure what to do with the rage that was eating me inside.

"I didn't know you played volleyball," I said, realizing how gruff my voice sounded.

But he ignored it and replied, "I played with Maddie when we started dating."

I got a grip on myself and smiled back at him.

"Well, I'm very proud of you, and it's great that you were so good and all, but we need to go," I said. I didn't like all those twinks staring at us, almost salivating over him.

"Come on, Justin," one of them, the twink who had just hugged him, shouted. I gave him a look that froze him.

"Sorry," he said, "I didn't realize how late it was. Let me say goodbye real quick." I was uncomfortable watching them all talk to him. One even groaned when he said he had to leave. I would have pressed his face into the sand if I didn't think I'd get in trouble with Justin for it.

When he was back beside me, he said, "That was amazing. It's been three months since I've touched a ball. I felt like I was back home." I understood then how hard it must have been for him to leave absolutely everything behind to move with his mother: his friends, his school, his girlfriend.

"The guys invited us to meet them in the club at the hotel. Supposedly it's great. We should go."

I wanted to say absolutely not, that those twinks just wanted one thing from him and that I wasn't about to stand around all night watching them try to get in his pants, but when I saw the happiness on his face, a happiness I hadn't seen before, I couldn't say no.

"They're twinks and they hundred percent want you and... Sure we can go to that club, but we need to grab a shower and have dinner first," I said. "Jenna and Lohan already went back. I talked to them."

"Cool," he said.

But cool was the last thing you could call this situation.

—————————

When Logan and I met the others in front of the elevator, it was all I could do not to shove Justin back into his room. Who told him to dress like that? He was bursting out of a white button down shirt with the two top buttons undid. Rings on his fingers, a necklace, and black slacks that made him ass look good. The sight of all that couldn't be good for my health. I had to restrain myself to keep from rubbing him down and taking him to my room where I could stare at him for hours. His back looked even better through the see-through shirt he is wearing.

Who had convinced her to ditch the Nike's and jeans? The answer, of course, was right beside him: that goddamn Jenna.