Chapter One

Aria's POV

I was woken up by my boyfriend, Andrew Campbell, aggressively grabbing my arm and pulling me out of our bed. He forcefully threw me to the floor, I made no attempt to stand up, because I know that if I did, Andrew would beat me, or yell me, or punish me in a sexual way, he always does.

I heard loud music coming from somewhere in the house, and looked out the widow with the curtains open to see that it was still dark outside. I then turned my attention the the alarm clock on the bedside table and read the time. It was only three in the morning, and it was Monday, he has work tomorrow.

Why is he even awake at this time? I thought to myself.

"Andrew, what's wrong?" I asked in a soothing voice, trying not to anger him anymore than he already seemed to be.

"CAN YOU GET THAT STUPID KID TO SHUT THE FUCK UP? I CAN'T HEAR MY MUSIC BECAUSE OF HER CRYING!" Andrew shouted.

Andrew has definitely been drinking, I could tell by the way he was slurring words, and the beer bottle that was smashed on the bedroom floor.

"She's not a stupid kid." I said under my breath.

"What was that?" he asked me, thankfully not shouting this time.

"Nothing. I'll go calm her down now." I replied, my voice shaky.

I quickly clambered to my feet and hurried out of the bedroom, stepping on a few shards of glass as I left the room, and rushed into my daughter's bedroom. I ran over to her crib and picked her up.

"Shh, baby, it's okay. Mommy's here now." I soothed the crying child I held in my arms.

My daughter is one year and two months old. Her hair is naturally wavy and surprisingly long for her age, it's dark brown, like mine, and it goes just past her shoulders. Her nose and lips mach mine, but she has her father's eyes. Crystal blue and very beautiful. She truly is the most perfect thing I have ever laid my eyes on.

I picked out cute pink pajamas from her closet and carefully pulled them over her vest. I stroked her hair as I carried her out of the room and down the stairs then into the living room. I sat my daughter down on the couch and kissed her forehead. I then walked over to the CD player that was playing the loud music, and turned it off. As soon as the music was turned off, my daughter stopped crying.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? I WAS LISTENING TO THAT!" Andrew, who was now standing behind the couch with a new bottle of beer in his hand, screamed at me from across the room.

"The music was too loud, Andrew. It was scaring her, that's why she was crying." I explained calmly.

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF IT'S SCARING HER, SHE'S NOT MY FUCKING KID!"

"THAT'S NOT HER FAULT!" I yelled, instantly regretting raising my voice at Andrew.

Andrew let the rage he was feeling take him over and he hurled the half full beer bottle at my feet. I raised my hands to cover my face as the the bottle shattered. Fragments of the glass stuck into my feet, shins, thighs and in my arms, under my elbow.

"Mommy!" my terrified daughter's voice screeched from the couch.

"Mommy's okay, sweetie." I reassured her as I carefully pulled shards of the glass out of my arms.

"You're right. It's not her fault that I'm not her father, it's yours. If you weren't a little slut, and if you didn't have sex with your English teacher when you were dating me, she wouldn't even be here." said Andrew, his voice quieter, but just as angry.