Chapter Eight

Aria's POV

Anastasia, Ezra and I had just finished lunch. Ezra had prepared prepared tomato and basil pasta for the three of us and although I only managed to eat a little amount of it, lunch was delicious.

I helped Ezra with the dishes while our daughter was laying on the couch watching cartoons.

"You know, Aria, you didn't have to help me," Ezra said as I put the last plate away.

"Yeah, I know, but I wanted to," I replied with a smile on my face.

Ezra walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I know that I've said this to you a lot since I got back to rosewood, but I am so proud of you, Aria," Ezra whispered softly.

I just smiled at him before placing a sweet kiss on his lips.

I know that I shouldn't be doing this, cheating on Andrew with Ezra, but I also know that I don't love or want to be with Andrew.

I love Ezra and I want to be with him, but before Ezra came back to Rosewood and gave me back that feeling of home and safety, I've been so afraid of trying to get away from Andrew.

"What's wrong?" Ezra asked me with a worried expression.

I didn't even realise that a few tears had rolled down my cheeks until Ezra pointed it out to me.

"Nothing," I started. "Just thinking."

"What about?" Ezra questioned me.

"Andrew," I replied honestly.

Ezra motioned me over to the bed and sat down next to me, holding my small, shaking hands in his.

"Aria," Ezra started softly. "I know that you're scared of him and what he could do to hurt you, but by this time next month, we'll be in New York. You, me and our beautiful daughter. The both of you will be safe."

"I know, but I can't help worrying about him finding out about our plan to go to New York and about what he'll do if he does find out." I explained to Ezra.

"If he finds out, we won't go to New York, we'll go somewhere else. As long as we're out of Rosewood he can't hurt you anymore," Ezra's said calmly as he wiped away my tears.

"It's not me I'm worried about, it's her," I replied as I looked over to Anastasia who was still laying on the couch watching cartoons.

"I know, and after seeing what Andrew did to you, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about her too," Ezra admitted.

I kept my gaze locked on my innocent baby girl and stared at her for about a minute until Ezra tilted my chin so I was looking him in the eye.

"Aria, what have you promised Anastasia and yourself since the day you brought her home?" Ezra spoke softly.

"I promised that I would protect her, that I'd keep her safe and that I'd never let Andrew do anything to hurt her," I replied.

"And that's exactly what you've done and I know that's what you'll continue to do. You'll never let Andrew hurt her. You'll never let anyone hurt her."