Chapter Thirteen

Aria's POV

Ezra and I got to Andrew's house and we packed all of mine and Anastasia's things pretty quickly.

We had just finished getting everything into the car when I turned to face Ezra.

"I forgot something really important, I need to go back and get it," I said to Ezra as I turned back to look at the house.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Ezra asked me, closing the trunk of his car.

"Please, I don't want to go back in there alone," I replied.

Ezra walked over to me and took my hand in his as we walked back into Andrew's house.

I led him upstairs to Andrew's bedroom and walked over to the bed.

"Can you please lift the mattress?" I asked Ezra.

"Of course," Ezra replied as he lifted the mattress.

"Thank you," I said as I got on my knees and looked under the mattress.

As soon as I saw it, I slid my hand under and picked up the little gold heart shaped key.

Ezra put the mattress back down when he saw that I'd got what I was looking for.

"What's that?" Ezra asked me.

"It's a key," I replied as I looked under the bed.

"What does it open?"

"This," I answered as I took out a small black wooden box with a little gold heart on the top left corner.

"What's in it?" Ezra asked as I sat on the bed.

I put the little key in the lock and twisted it, unlocking the box as Ezra sat down next to me.

I opened the box and smiled as I looked at the contents.

"This is everything that reminded me of you," I told Ezra.

Ezra looked in the box and smiled.

He carefully reached in and took out a framed photo of the two of us. In the photo I was sitting on Ezra's knees, his arms wrapped around my waist. I was smiling and Ezra had his lips pressed against my cheek.

"I remember this day," Ezra said smiling. "It was your nineteenth birthday and you didn't want to make a big deal about it so I arranged a picnic in the park, just you, me, the girls, Toby and Caleb. It got late, the sun was setting, I was holding you and then Spencer took that photo of us."

I wiped the tears that had started falling from my eyes.

"I can't believe you remember that," I said as I smiled, looking at the photo.

"How could I forget that, it was a perfect day," Ezra responded.

"Yeah it was. It was one of the best days of my life," I said, still smiling.

Ezra carefully put the photo down next to him and reached in the box, taking out the necklace he'd given me a few years ago.

"I can't believe you kept this," he said as he looked at it.

"It used to be your lucky charm, I could never get rid of it," I answered.