Chapter Eleven

Aria's POV

I shook my head. I couldn't believe what the nurse was telling me.

"No, no, I can't be pregnant," I said with tears in my eyes.

"Aria, it's going to be okay," Ezra tried to calm me down.

"No it's not," I argued as I looked away from him. "If I'm pregnant it's Andrew's baby, you and I didn't have sex long enough ago for hcg to be detected."

"Aria, please look at me," Ezra pleaded.

I slowly looked back up at him as he took my hands in his.

"It's going to be okay," he started with a soft voice. "I love you, and I will love your baby as if it were my own."

"You will?" I asked him as I calmed down.

"Yes I will," he reassured me. "And he or she won't even know who Andrew is, not if you don't want them to."

"No, he's not getting anywhere near this baby," I said. "No child deserves him as a father."

"No they don't."

Ezra placed a gentle kiss on my forehead as the nurse brought an ultrasound machine into my hospital room.

It didn't take her long to set up the ultrasound machine and soon enough, Ezra and I were looking at my baby on the screen.

We were looking for a few minutes before someone spoke.

"You're about ten weeks along in your pregnancy," the nurse informed me.

We continued looking at the screen for another five minutes before the nurses facial expression changed from happy to sorrow.

"I'm very sorry, Miss Montgomery," the nurse said with a sad tone in her voice. "I can't find a heartbeat."

I just looked away from the screen. I didn't know how to react.

My baby died. Andrew's baby. My baby that wasn't conceived out of love, but was conceived because I was raped by the man who claimed to love me.

I feel upset that I lost my child but knowing that the baby was Andrew's somehow made it hurt less.

"I'm going to give you two a minute to talk," the nurse's voice took me out of my thoughts.

I looked over to Ezra as the nurse walked out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Ezra asked me with a soft tone in his voice.

"I don't know," I replied.

Ezra sat in my hospital bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry, Aria," Ezra whispered.

I felt tears forming in my eyes and I tried to blink them back but failed. It didn't take long before my tears were soaking my cheeks.

"Hey, look at me, honey," Ezra pleaded.

I looked at him and he wiped my tears as he placed a gently kiss on my forehead.