Chapter Fourteen

Ezra's POV

It had been three months since I signed Anastasia's birth certificate.
The new certificate arrived in the mail this morning and it was already framed and hanging on the wall.

Another thing that arrived not to long ago was the ring that I was hoping Aria would wear as her engagement ring.

The ring is a family heirloom. At first, my mother refused to send it to me but I finally talked her in to letting me give it to Aria.

I've not given the ring to Aria yet. I'm planning on giving it to her tonight over dinner as today is the anniversary of the day she and I met.

Aria's parents agreed to watch Anastasia tonight so she and I could have some alone time.

Ella and Byron don't know that Aria and I are engaged yet. No one knows except the two of us.

Aria and I were finishing getting Anastasia ready to go to her grandparents for the night.

"Did you pack her pyjamas?" Aria asked me.

"Yes, the pink ones with the kittens on it like you said." I replied.

"Her teddy bear?"

"The one you said she's had since she was born? Yes, that's packed."

"Okay, her nightlight?" She asked.

"Aria," I spoke softly as I walked over to her and held her hands, "the nightlight is packed. Everything is packed, don't worry."

"I know," she sighs, "I just worry when she's not with me."

"That's because you're a wonderful mother," I said to her.

She smiles at me before looking back at Anastasia who's sitting on the bed.

"Okay, let's take her to my parents place," she said.

I nodded and picked up Anastasia's things as Aria picked up Anastasia.I double checked to make sure we hadn't forgotten any of Anastasia's things before Aria and I headed out to the car.

Aria put Anastasia in the car as I put her things in the trunk.

Aria and got in the car and I started driving to Byron and Ella's house.

The drive didn't last long and we had arrived at Aria's parents house within five minutes.

Aria and I took Anastasia inside and had a cup of coffee with Aria's parents before we went home.

"So what's the plans for tonight?" Aria asked me as she and I entered my apartment.

"Well, I thought we could maybe order some take out, watch old movies, have some wine and jut be alone together," I suggested.

"Sounds perfect," Aria replied.

I ordered dinner and Aria set up one of our favourite movies, The Great Gatsby.

We were twenty minutes in to the movie when my doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Aria said as she stood up and grabbed her purse.

"No, no, sit down," I said to her, "dinners on me."

Aria sat down as I paused the movie and stood up, walking to the door. I payed the delivery man and brought our dinner over to the couch.

"Thank you," Aria said to me as she and I started eating.

"For paying for dinner?" I replied, "you're more than welcome."

"No, not just for that," Aria responded, "also for getting me and Anastasia away from Andrew and for loving me."

"You don't have to thank me for any of that," I told her.

"I love you," Aria said.

"I love you, too," I replied.

Aria leaned over to me and we let our lips meet in a soft kiss.

"I have something for you," I stated as she and I pulled away.

"You do?" She asked me as I stood up.

I walked over to the beside table and took out the little white box that contained the engagement ring.

"I know I already asked you this but there was something missing last time," I said as I walked back over to Aria.

I took her hands and helped her to her feet before I got down on one knee and opened the box to show her the ring.

Aria's eyes started watering and her jaw dropped as soon as she saw the engagement ring.

"Aria, will you marry me?" I asked her as I looked on her eyes.

"Oh my god," she answered quietly, but just loud enough for me to hear, "oh my god, of course I will marry you, Ezra."

I smiled and kissed her hand before I slipped the ring on her finger.

Once the ring was on her finger, Aria leaned over and gently grabbed my face before she kissed me.

"Thank you, Ezra," she said quietly as she and I pulled away from the kiss, "it's beautiful."

I just smiled at her and kissed her again as I put my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to me. Aria wrapped her arms around the back of my neck as she kissed me back.

Our kiss slowly started to heat up and Aria started unbuttoning my shirt before pulling it off of me.

I removed Aria's shirt before I picked her up and carried her over to the bed, gently laying her down.

Aria and I kissed again and it didn't take long before she and I were both naked.

"Are you sure?" I asked her as I looked in her eyes.

"I'm sure," she answered.

I kissed Aria again as I took her left hand and held it just above her head.

The rest of the night was filled with passion, romance, intimacy and love.

______________________________________________________

I'm so sorry for not updating in over a month, I've not had much time to write but I do write whenever I can.
I was thinking about writing some one shots to fill in time when I'm not adding new chapters, what would you guys think of that? Would you read them?
Please leave comments and feedback about this chapter, just tell me what you think and tell me what you would like to see happen in this story.
Thank you for continuing to read and for being patient, I love you all.
- Chloe