Rehearsal

Part 2 to The Summer I Turned Pretty!
If you guys honestly like this one shot series that much, maybe I can make a book from it?

The morning after the night before. Conrad was busy helping Jeremiah to make breakfast as he looked over to the couch where belly was still asleep. He smiled looking at her as he continued with making coffee.

"Do we really have to physically sit for our portraits?" Jeremiah asked as Laurel looked at him who was busy making eggs.

"Can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something?" Jeremiah asked.

His mother was determined to paint each and every one of them, but at the same time, no one felt like it. Conrad looked at his brother while he just shook his head and got a cup out of the cupboard.

"She needs to see you in the flesh in order to capture your essence. While you're still young and full of hope," Laurel said as both Steven and Jeremiah laughed.

"Her words," Laurel said as Conrad walked over to the fridge getting out milk.

"Well, Conrad does not have hope, actually. He's hopeless," Jeremiah said as Conrad threw him with a dish cloth.

"She hasn't painted you since you were little. I think it'd be nice to have these portraits for when you're older," laurel said as Steven scoffed.

"Old. No. When I'm older, I'm sure there'll be, like, like, holograms or something I can watch of myself, you know?" Steven said as his mother simply looked at him.

"Just sit for your portraits. I don't see Conrad complaining," Laurel said as Conrad walked towards the couch.

"He'll complain when he's done doctoring Belly," Jeremiah said.

Conrad shook his head as he gently brushed over Belly's hair. Her brown eyes went open as she was confused where she was and what the time was.

"Hey. Here," Conrad said handing Belly the cup of milk coffee as she smiled.

"Thank you," Belly said as she sat up.

"Come on, man. Hurry your ass up. All right? I can't be late for my first day of work," Steven said as Belly looked behind her where she saw as breakfast was busy cooking.

"We won't. We're good," Jeremiah said.

"Come on, man. Ooh! Those old country club boomers are gonna tip me so hard, man, they won't know what hit them," Steven said moving his body around as belly smiled and drank her coffee.

"Steven, I swear," Laurel said, finding her son's behaviour childish as Belly stood up from the couch.

"What?" Steven said confused on his mother's reaction.

"Come on, Laurel. My boy's got to get that bread," Jeremiah said.

Steven and Jeremiah were both working up at the pool that summer t earn some money in the hope that when they go to college the year after, they will be able to live on their own and not with their parents. With Conrad heading to Brown, he got out of that as he was heading into the dorm rooms, but Laurel was still skeptical on her son.

Laurel heard Susannah scream as she could see everyone was on guard. Belly looked confused, waiting to hear about the whole spider in the shower thing, btu it wasn't that.

"Belly is gonna be a debutante," Susannah said as both she and Belly laughed.

"It's really not that big of a deal," Belly tried to talk it away.