Love Again

Belly Conklin felt how the cold breeze came over the ocean. She was back at Cousins Beach. It was December and she was back at Cousins. She felt the cold snow flakes falling onto her skin while feeling a familiar feeling at the same time. She looked at the waves breaking, as her heart broke. Tears streamed down her face at the thought that she had lost everything and everyone she had ever cared for. She shook her head as she remembered everything that had happened.

Last summer she chose to be with Jeremiah Fisher after a long and difficult year. Belly decided to be with Jeremiah, the boy who everyone thought was perfect for her, while inside she was still in love with Conrad, the boy who broke her heart and who everyone said would break her. But at that moment on the beach, Belly thought about the night when she caught a drunk Jeremiah with one of the frat students. She caught a drunk, half-naked Jeremiah cheating on her. In that moment, Belly didn't care about anything anymore. She had driven another hour and half to Cousins Beach. And being there in December reminded her about one thing - her night there with Conrad a year ago. The night when she gave him everything. When she didn't care about anything. When she just wanted to let it all go. Belly exhaled as it came to her mind once again; she was still in love with Conrad. And that was when the tears took over yet again. She was still in love and realized the huge mistake she had made a couple of months ago.

Steven was rushing around in his dorm room at Princeton while he looked at Jeremiah. Jeremiah had driven through to Princeton when he couldn't get hold of Belly, hoping her brother would be able to help him. Steven took one look at Jeremiah while he wanted to kill the guy, but he was too worried about his sister.

"I can't fucking believe you did this," Steven said as he called Taylor.

"Who are you..."

"Hey, Babe," Taylor cheerfully said.

"Hey, Tay. Listen, have you heard from Belly? Jeremiah screwed up," Steven said.

"In what way?" Taylor asked.

"He got drunk, had sex with one of the other frat students at Finch and Belly caught them," Steven said as Taylor gasped.

"Yeah, now you know why I fought for her and Conrad? Have you..."

"No, I haven't heard from her. Hasn't Conrad maybe? I know it's a huge shot, but..."

"No, I'll call him. But I think I know where she is. Thanks, Taylor. I'll call you tomorrow," Steven said.

"Good night, babe," Taylor said ending the call.

"Where is she?" Jeremiah asked.

"That is for someone else to figure out," Steven said as he dialed the first number on his phone.

"But maybe someone else knows where she is," he said as the phone rang, but got answered fast.

"Steve-o, what's up?" Conrad asked.

"Sorry, Con, did I wake you up?" Steven asked seeing how Jeremiah rolled his eyes.

"Don't, you fucked up this time," Steven said.

"Steven, what's going on?" Conrad asked.

"Belly caught Jeremiah with another girl, drunk and half-naked. And now she isn't answering any calls. Not from him or me. Has she been in contact with you lately?" Steven asked as Conrad jumped up.

"No, but I know where she could be. I'll drive through right now and will let you know when I've found her. Tell Jere he is getting beaten up when I get back," Conrad said grabbing his jacket and car keys.

"Don't worry, I am all over doing it for you. Thanks, bro," Steven said ending the call.

"He's going to go and find her," Steven said.