Beach Confessions

This one shot idea was gifted to me by the wonder infinity0322! And I want to thank them. Not only for the idea, but also for the slight spoiler of the 3rd book 😜🤪. It made me want to read even faster and now I am doing this one shot! A part will be directly from the book, other parts will be from the show and then also from my point of view.

It was the night of Jeremiah's bachelor's party. He and Belly were finally getting married and his friends (and Conrad) had decided on throwing him something small. Jeremiah came into the beach house drunk. Belly had of course seen Jeremiah drunk before, but never drunk like this. The boys practically had to carry him up the stairs. he could barely keep his eyes opened.

"Belllllly," he called out. "I'm gonna marry you, girl."

From the bottom of the staircase, Belly yelled back, "Go yo sleep!"

Although Conrad was with them when they had left, he no longer was with them.

"Where's Conrad? I thought he was supposed to be your designated driver," Belly said to Tom, one of Jeremiah's frat brothers.

"I dunno. He was with us," Tom said as he was swaying upstairs.

Belly had gone outside, thinking that maybe he'd passed out in the backseat. But he wasn't there. Belly was starting to get worried, but then she caught a glimpse of him way down at the beach, sitting in the lifeguard stand. She took off her shoes and made her way over to him.

"Come down!" Belly called up. "Don't fall asleep up there."

"Come up," Conrad had said. "Just for a minute."

Belly had thought for a minute about it. Conrad didn't sound drunk to her; he sounded fine. Belly had climbed up the side of the chair and sat down next to him.

"Did you guys have fun?" Belly had asked him.

He didn't answer her. Belly watched the water lap along the shore. There was a crescent moon.

"I love it here at night," Belly said.

As child she would always come out to watch the stars. At Cousins, it was possible during the summer and even then it was. Conrad was quiet for a few seconds. He knew what he had to do, but he had unfortunately not known how to do it. And then, suddenly, he said, "I have to tell you something."

Something in his voice had scared Belly. Like it was something serious.

"What?"

Looking at the ocean, he said, "Jere cheated on you when he was in Cabo."

Belly wasn't expecting him to say that. It was maybe the last thing that Belly had expected him to say. His jaw clenched, and he looked angry.

"Tonight at the club, one of his dumbass friends said something."

He finally looked at Belly.

"I'm sorry you had to hear it from me. I thought that you had a right to know."

Belly didn't know how to answer Conrad. Yes, she did know about Jeremiah's week or two of cheating on her. It was something that she would never forget. In a way, she knew that what she was doing was proving her mother right. She was too young to get married and she knew it. Finally, Belly had said something back to Conrad.

"I already knew about it."

Conrad's head jerked back as he was shocked to hear it.

"You knew?"

"Yeah."

"And you're still marrying him?" Conrad asked, shocked, as Belly could feel her cheeks getting hot.