Funeral

This is how Susannah's funeral would have gone if Belly and Conrad were still together.

There was one thing Belly hated. Belly hated dresses, and high heels. She hates makeup and always felt like she was smothering her own face. But, the one thing she hated even more, were funerals. Belly was in one of the rooms upstairs as she had gotten dressed. She was in Boston along with everyone who came together for the funeral. Belly had gotten dressed upstairs and was waiting for Conrad to finish as he came out of the bathroom. He was having struggles with his tie. Belly smiled as he came towards her and she fixed his tie. She brushed his shoulders, straightening his shirt as he pulled his jacket on.

"I don't have the energy for this," Conrad murmured as Belly looked at him.

"I'll be there with you all the way," Belly said.

"Can't you sing this?" Conrad asked as Belly nodded.

"You play the guitar and I'll sing. This is for Susannah," Belly said as Conrad nodded and grabbed his guitar.

"Belly, Conrad are you two ready?" Steven asked as Conrad grabbed Belly's hand and they went out of the room together.

"Hey, Mom wants to push all of this," Steven said as Belly nodded.

"I'm going to be with Conrad," Belly said as Steven went down the stairs.

"You ready?" Belly asked as Conrad nodded and they went down.

Laurel looked as Conrad and Belly stood next to each other. Conrad pulled a chair closer for Belly, as both of them sat down and Conrad started to play the guitar. Belly never sang, but she knew for Susannah, she would give the world.

"Little boy, six years old
A little too used to bein' alone
Another new mom and dad, another school
Another house that'll never be home
When people ask him how he likes this place
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows in rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary home"Young mom on her own
She needs a little help got nowhere to go
She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out
'Cause a half-way house will never be a home
At night she whispers to her baby girl
Someday we'll find a place here in this world"This is our temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows in rooms that we're passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary home"Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face""This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows in rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home"This is our temporary home."

Belly looked at Conrad as they went to sit down. Laurel smiled at her daughter as everyone went quiet. When speeches came, Conrad and Belly knew one of them would have to go up. Although Conrad wanted to do it, he was still too heartbroken for it.

"Can Isabel Conklin please come up?"

Conrad looked as Belly was walking up to the pier and looked out at everyone. She didn't have anything written, but she knew what she would say.

"Susannah Fisher was my mom's best friend. My best friends' mother. And the woman who I looked up to as a child. Each time when someone were to ask me 'who I wanted to be' I would always answer Susannah Fisher. She was the one woman who made it on her own. I spent more summers at Susannah Fisher's beach house than at my own home. Because that was home. Susannah was a ray of sunlight. Where there was a tear, she wanted to brush it away. Where there was a smile, she wanted to cherish it until the end of time. She was an inspiration to many people, me including. I saw Susannah as my mom. Whenever I was with her, I didn't feel like me, I felt like a version of her. Susannah always encouraged kindness and love. Made you have hope, and made you think that regardless what you were going through, God had a plan with you. God took her away from us, as He knew we could manage on our own. I want a moment of silence for Susannah Elizabeth Fisher. Best friend, wife, mother and godmother," Belly said as everyone lowered their heads for a moment of silence.

"I know wherever Susannah is, she is looking down at us. At Conrad, at Jeremiah, at my own mother and at everyone who she casted hope on. Susannah, hope will always live in us, and we will always cherish and carry your memory. I love you."

Belly went down as everyone clapped. It was a moment where people saw what kind of influence Susannah had. Belly walked over to Conrad, who hugged her, adn she held on tightly.

"She would have loved that speech," Conrad said.

"We'll always have each other," Belly said.

Belly looked as Conrad was sitting on the sofa. She didn't want to leave his side, so when it all got too much for her mother, she convinced Steven to leave her. Belly looked at Conrad as she sat down next to him. He smiled at her as she took his hand in hers.

"The beach house is ours, Belly," Conrad said as Belly looked at him.

"Yours and mine. My mom made that change. It goes in my name and then when you graduate next year, it also goes in your name," Conrad said.

"Why did she do that?" Belly asked.

"Because she wanted our children to have a place to run around. For us to have a place to call home. And for you to keep the magic alive. I love you, Isabel Susannah Conklin," Conrad said.

"I love you too, Conrad Thomas Fisher. Always," Belly said falling into Conrad's arm as he kissed the top of her head.